Vandy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

We don't drop this one right? Should I be asking this or am I being too dramatic right now?

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

No idea what to expect, but we won’t have Hooker, so this’ll be our early glimpse into the ‘23 season.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They run rpo and then throw to TE. Over and over. Qb can run. So I doubt Banks will see it coming.

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I’ll be at the in-laws. Not sports people. I won’t be going out of my way to watch it. That’s all I know.

sbradle4 likes this.
  5. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

If USCjr can do what they did last night a Vandy trying to get bowl eligibility is probably going to play well. Anyone could look good against our D right now and the team is now playing for a Citrus Bowl berth instead of a chance at a Natty.

Vanderbilt 48
    Tennessee 42

6. cpninja

cpninja Member

Vandy shouldnt really have much of a chance. Of course SC shouldnt have either(let alone skull[uck fay] us like they did) so who knows. That's why you play the games. But If Heupel and co cant get Milton and the defense up to the task of beating Vandy just go ahead and bump the doomsday clock thread

sellsman11 likes this.
  7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I'm officially nervous. Maybe that's a better way to approach these games. I assumed we'd destroy SC.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

If the defense continues this level of play it could easily be a loss. It's a road game ( though we'll have a fan advantage), they've found an offensive identity and we're playing our backup QB.

Should be a win, but likely to be a close one.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Per usual, a loss to Vanderbilt is a fireable offense. Any adequate coaching staff figures out how to win this game.

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Milton would have to be god awful, and the rest of the team completely unengaged. We ain’t losing this game.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The peaks and valleys of the Vol experience are no joke man. One could argue we haven’t looked rationally at this team the entire season, including right now, as multiple people predict a loss to Vandy.

12. VOLinDAWGland

I don't predict a loss but last night shook me up.

13. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Vandy just beat Kentucky and Florida. We just lost our QB and got seven shades of shit whipped out of us by a very bad South Carolina. There is more reason for concern than optimism.

14. VOLinDAWGland

When was the last time we've been tough/talented on defense where we had a legit player or 2 at every level? 2016?

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The “very bad” South Carolina stuff is overblown. Florida and UK aren’t that good.

If Milton is anything close to competent, we ain’t losing to Vandy.

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The 2016 defense had a good starting lineup but it lacked depth. By the end of the year, it was a slaw defense. Lots of injuries that year.

17. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Florida smoked Usc last week. Missouri beat them three weeks ago. They aren’t good.

utvol0427 likes this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Comparing week to week isn’t really how this stuff works. If it was, we’d be talking about how we beat UK 44-6 and Vandy only beat them by three.

Not hard to see how USCjr might have slept walked through a meaningless matchup on the road with Florida, then came to play against a top 5 opponent at home.

19. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

what? Looking at a team’s record isn’t how this stuff works? In that case I’ll ignore last night.

20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We can still get into the NY6 bowls with a win, it just depends on how the final rankings shake out.