Video: Tony Stewart Runs Over Driver Kevin Ward

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ptclaus98, Aug 9, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

ayfkm?

2. kidbourbon

I don't follow racecar driving, and I have no feelings about either guy. But those concluding Stewart is at fault because he tried to dust him are looking are basing on some other video evidence I haven't seen.

The "but the blue car missed him" justification is crap. Stewart's car was higher on the track than the blue car. Is it a requirement during a caution flag to hug the inside of the track? I honestly have no idea. But if not, then there's no indication Stewart did anything wrong or even risky. I find the explanation that he was swerving to avoid him at the last second orders of magnitude more plausible than he was essentially playing a game of chicken with the kid.

Nobody likes to talk ill of the deceased, and everybody wants to allocate blame to someone, but this is Kevin Ward's fault.

3. kidbourbon

Like those super reasonable quotes from Ward's family members?

4. kidbourbon

None if they have a lawyer smarter than Corky from Life Goes On.

5. kidbourbon

Only because he wants to keep it out of the public eye, and not because he'd lose in court.

6. kidbourbon

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

KB, I think your boxing analogy is relevant.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, yeah.

It's easier to give them a lump sum of money and move on if you can afford it.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Yes; iafky!

11. kidbourbon

The whole time?

12. kidbourbon

Agreed

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I think he tried to dust off Ward and got too close.

I think the excuse making is similar to the blind loyalty of the folks at VN who support anyone wearing orange pants. My post that you originally responded to was to make that point

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

No, but keep trying to pretend that's what I said.

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Maybe, maybe not depending on what they've got in analyzing the video. I don't think he should be charged, however.

16. kidbourbon

If that's not what you said, then what did you? What message were you trying to convey?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  17. kidbourbon

I don't think the analogy works

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

If you'd try reading my posts instead of trying to be a smartass, you'd have seen where I consistently said I did not think he was trying to hit the kid. I do think he was probably trying to send a message to him, and it just went wrong.

19. kidbourbon

Yes, I've addressed your terrible "but the blue car missed him" rationale.

20. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Wow. Just destroyed that rationale. I was really impressed with the part where you plainly say that you don't have the first clue what you're talking about. But, if you did, it is Kevin Ward's fault. Extremely convincing.