volnation really being communists there.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by joevol320, Jan 3, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can read it over and over and each time it is a post on another site discussing this site's shortcomings.

It isn't a big deal. It is just funny.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Not worth going back and forth over. Most agreed with the points you made. I can promise you this site wasn't created with an agenda against VN.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Your feedback was appreciated.

People will [itch bay] about VN here because you can't there. It's funny to me how the 8th maxim is a dirty word there.

4. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

yes, that is ridiculous. I do appreciate the freedom to say virtually whatever I want.

5. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

What was the joke?

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Me personally, I like that site and I still visit there and post from time to time. With that being said, I can understand why people still get aggravated by some of the things that go on there. I like college football but don't always care for how the NCAA runs it. I didn't know this site was trying to get away from commenting on VN "issues", now I do, so I respect that and will keep that in mind before making future comments.

7. WM

WM Active Member

Then you have hung up [uck fay]ers who take it to another level and make YouTube videos about it.

8. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

The video was a little funny.

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

With the exception to a couple of people, this is pretty much an ignorant statement IMO

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Only to some, though. Some had their tantrum and are done. Newer guys haven't yet been allowed to work it out of their system.

We only think it is unbecoming because we live through each new one. For others, it is their first [itch bay] session.

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Just for the sake of making me laugh, where is this video?

12. WM

WM Active Member

[video=youtube;-p3R7mHWTn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p3R7mHWTn8&context=C33fa39cADOEgsToPDskI6flYAEh8JCMmX5lIYYpAi[/video]

The holiday videos are on that channel as well.

13. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

It is my opinion that the evidence would suggest otherwise.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

will someone post what the joke was for [uck fay]s sake? thanks!

15. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I disagree with your suggestion that this place exist as a place to [itch bay] about VN or that people here just come here to [itch bay] about that place.

16. faildozer

faildozer Member

this place was spawned from a place that was spawned from a place created to [itch bay] about VN, by none other than freak, so it's natural that some of that shit would go on to a certain degree here. it is was it is.

also, since Gruden jokes are probably as original and refreshing as Rod Wilks jokes, i'm not really surprised it got deleted. come up with some new shit.

17. WM

WM Active Member

Yeah, when Gruden's successor has been fired you know it's time to put the joke down.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Freak would be shocked to learn that Postjunkies is a lineal predecessor to 8th.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I hear Raheim Morris owns a condo in Pigeon Forge.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Ron-
    As others have said, your criticisms (i.e. that the site was "cluttered", and that the major topic of conversation was [itch bay]ing about VN) were spot on, widely discussed, and have even been acted upon (thus you've seen some incorporating amongst the forums, and QP tried to temper the VN rant as soon as it began, etc.). While we wish the site were perfect (it's not), no one took exception to your pointing the deficiencies out, whatsoever. In fact, some even went so far as to credit you - rightfully so - with prompting us to look at some things which might not have otherwise garnered our attention.

That you did it here, or elsewhere, is immaterial as to the truth and/or value of your criticisms, really.

IP was (interject if I misrepresent you, IP) simply pointing out the irony of your comments in this thread, which you'll agree, was inescapable (i.e. on one site, [itch bay]ing about this site.....accusing us of being seemingly obsessed with [itch bay]ing about another site....and then coming back here, [itch bay]ing about us [itch bay]ing about said site......when you had just [itch bay]ed about us [itch bay]ing about another site on said third site).

At the risk of sounding like I am [itch bay]ing about another site (I'm not, as this is contextually correct, I believe), we are unlike other sites in that we have a fundamental understanding of the limits of our Lordship over the Interwebz, and that it doesn't extend one whit beyond the last line of code for this site, alone. Such an understanding allows us to not take offense or exception to your right and ability to criticize us as much as you would like, and anywhere you would like, for as long as you'd like. So, there was neither harm nor foul that you criticized us at all, or elsewhere. Neither by myself, nor anyone else.

What I want you to know is that you have just as much right to offer those criticisms here, too, and to do so without fear of reprisal. If they are accurate, we'll respond by offering as much corrective action as we can, and as quickly as possible. If they are not, we'll try to better explain how we see it, or it came to be a certain way, or it cannot change (i.e. the limitations of the site, the preferences of a majority of others, etc.). In fact, they will be most welcomed and appreciated.

We want you to be here, and if there are things that we can do to better enhance your experience, or to make it a more comfortable / accessible venue, then you are only doing us a disservice by not pointing them out to us. And the same is true for everyone, too, and without exception.

Sorry to ramble, but I wanted to be certain to allay any sensing that you might have that we were somehow upset by your comments, or the forum in which you chose to raise them. I assure you that we were not, but appreciated them, instead.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012