Vols/Bama

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Oct 17, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The Vol Walk. A very slack crowd

[​IMG]

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Who's in Knoxville? I'll be on the strip.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

any gametime pics?

4. Chestbump

Chestbump New Member

Sad that we are no longer competitive and have let the rivalry lose its luster.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Here recently anyway

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Here's what I thought I saw, feel free to call me an idiot if necessary.

I thought the biggest chasm between us and Alabama was mental/coaching. I'm not saying the talent is equal, but I felt like they didn't just physically manhandle Tennessee like they didn't belong on the same field.

So even though we got blown out again, I just feel like there's hope if we can get a proper coach in here.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I thought the OL did pretty good. The QB protection was good but Bray didn't look like he gave a damn.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah. I didn't really think the front 7 got embarrassed either.

The secondary is so bad from a mental standpoint it's difficult to judge them physically it seems like.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Lots of folks out of place on defense. Bad defensive call or player error?

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Probably a little of both but more heavy on the player error side. The miscommunications earlier in the year were understandable to a degree but here 7 games it shouldn't be happening. At least not this much.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree with that. Look at all the little things done wrong that turns into big things. The missed tackles, the guys out of position, either Lane or Bray screwed up on that first int and deciding to quit running the ball early on. That's all coaching and mental mistakes, not physical talent problems.

For every big play Coleman makes, he falls down and gives up a big play. For every good play Gordon makes, he forgets the coverage on the next one. McNeil is flying around, but he's young. Moore is awful at everything.