Vols v. Bearcats.... anyone worried?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by UncleNeyland, Sep 4, 2011.

1. UncleNeyland

UncleNeyland New Member

Is anyone worried about Cincy? I am a little. We had very little pressure up the middle on Montana and the Bearcats dropped 72 tonight... even if Austin Peay is just a step above air. The Bearcats passed for under 200, but they ran for almost 400.

On the other side, I thought we'd rush for 250 last night. We averaged 2.8 yds per rush last night. The Bearcats have most if not all their D back from last year.

2. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

Dools isn't happy about the total package put out last night and is working like heck to straighten everything out before the Bearcats come to town.

3. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Not in the least

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

not so worried about scoring. Chaney will roll into 50 throws a game if need be, as he proved last year. Problem with that is the amount of time D tends to stay on the field with Indy style ball control.

5. volinbham

volinbham Member

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I have been reasonably concerned about them for a while. I just see this as a close game for long enough that a break or two could make the difference.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I won't mark it down in the guaranteed victory column, but they suck. If we struggle with Cincy, we are in for one hell of a long season, even by my more pessimistic than the rest of the herd standards.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We ran the ball with 8+ guys in the box constantly last night. You better believe we will be checking out of a run play if Cincy stacks the box on us this week.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

AP is garbage. Montana would roll them up.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Wouldn't call it worried, but I'm definitely not taking them lightly.

We'll have to run the ball more effectively.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Last Vol's blog seems to think we're doomed.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Always a little worried. But after what I saw yesterday, I'm a lot less worried.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Someone who needs a hug?

15. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

the front line worries me. the rookie looks solid as much as poole does. We will see how it goes.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Check out his religious views.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Using the Sagarin rankings for an opponent comparison, Montana is 91 while APSU is 231. There's only 246 teams.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because Cincy [uck fay]ing sucks.

19. UncleNeyland

UncleNeyland New Member

I admit APU = air, but at 91 Montana = fog. There were just some things we didn't do very well driving through that fog. If Cincy hadn't played anyone at all, I would still be a little concerned.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is the Sagarin ranking for Tennessee? Cincinnati?