Vonn Bell's coach on Ainge show this a.m

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Feb 7, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Not sure what you're seeing lyls but it looked to me like a kid begging to come to UT and getting middle fingered.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Almost seems like Dooley's contract should be voided as he wasn't actively attempting to do his job while he was employed.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Exactly

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's probably already committed by then. He was a fan of the school. That goes a long way. Not everyone will give up just because of a few bad seasons, but when one school ignores you while others are treating you like a rock star, I can see why you'd become disenchanted.

There's a reason Dooley only had success with kids that weren't being actively sought by big time programs. His biggest gets were with JUCO guys being pursued by a smaller number of schools that were most interested in playing time.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

GSM. IMO

Well said.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I simply find this hard to buy. How in the hell would Dooley and staff expect to keep jobs if they were operating this way. It's not like they didn't have the year before the one in which they knew they were getting canned. Something seems amiss in all this.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You really should talk to the in-state coaches about how Dooley and Co. operated. This interview does not shock me at all.

8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

And the other schools treating you like a rock star have just as much or more tradition and history and recent success with much more expected leaves you absolutely no margin for error.

That piece of shit should have been fired after the UK debacle when he brought up the option of getting bought out of his contract. Hart knowingly left a guy on the job who had indicated no desire to be there while key members of his staff voted with their feet.

9. VOLinDAWGland

Dooley acted like a guy who knew he was operating with a golden parachute. He has shown absolutely zero character. He's a fraud who was stealing money last year and now.

Hamilton's fault for the stupid hire, Hart's fault for letting it fester a year longer than it should have.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Hindsight IMO. But Hart should have done the deed after KY. I think thats when Dooley started to figure out he couldn't do it and he wasn't gonna be able to ride his name and bamboo much longer. His staff at that time seem to see it coming as well.

11. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

It just chapped my ass yesterday after Vonn picked OSU they followed up with Dooley's "analysis" and he went on and on about just how good Bell was yada yada. I could've thrown my shoe through the tv.

12. VOLinDAWGland

What's amiss is you assuming he was acting with some amount of good faith as you or I would have. All this evidence points to something way beyond sheer incompetence.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

6-7,5-7,5-7 speaks volumes to kids. Let's be real about the situation. Just being UT isn't cutting it now after being bad for so many years. You have to have big shot recruiters be able to recruit against the big dogs. I love UT as much as anyone. I remember everything about my first UT game, from where I sat to who was around to the once time honored tradition of beating the Gamecocks like a drum. UT is in one of heck of a valley right now that it has to overcome with recruits who just want to win and get to the NFL.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  14. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

seriously

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have actually thought about the idea if UT could actively pursue this in litigation. Is dereliction of duty grounds of voiding a contract? It appears he basically showed up on Saturdays, yelled at his coaches and players, then went home till the next Saturday.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

perhaps dooley had no illusions he wasn't going to get fired and just gave up. he wouldn't be the first.

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Ugh. This shit is why losing to Kentucky should be an on-the-spot fire-able offense. The incompetence just snowballs from that point.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kiffin had big time guys coming here after 5-7 and 6-7. It isn't going to be automatic, but it's possible. Vonn liked UT. He wanted to want to sign with us. We just didn't try to give him a reason while everyone else was bending over backwards for him.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Kiffin also had excellent recruiters on staff.

20. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Total negligence by Hart in either not knowing what was going on in the locker room and on the recruiting trail or not wanting to give the fans what they want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.