Vonn Bell's coach on Ainge show this a.m

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Feb 7, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

If he had added Saturday to his days off he might have pulled off a winning season.

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Only team building thing that happens is everyone goes out afterwards for a stiff drink after a long day listening to the wind bag.

3. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/feb/10/osus-lead-for-bell-too-much-for-vols/?sportspreps

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This is just so odd. Unless there were demands ($$) in place in order to get the chance to recruit him, I can't begin to fathom why Dooley would ignore the guy.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Utter incompetence?

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It's just too weird. It makes absolutely no sense, even for a guy that didn't really like recruiting like Dooley. I just don't see it. I know he ignored a lot of schools - but here is a bona-fide top 50 recruit in your backyard and you refuse to recruit him....but you'll spend time on lesser-quality guys? Something just doesn't smell right.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Did he even have an offer from Dipshit? If so, you'd think an assistant or two would realize that Dooley was ****ing worthless and would have made some visits.

8. JayVols

It is odd, but nothing would surprise me about Dipshit. I'm not sure his arrogance would allow him to keep quiet about any information of improprieties he was aware of.

9. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Like Mods on Volnation, perhaps? I now hate [ddiapos].

10. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I can't decide if it was bc Dooley was just lazy or bc at some point he just began to hate this place.

11. JayVols

Feeling is mutual.

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Why would he hate this place? It was his lottery ticket except, unlike a lottery ticket, there were obligations and expectations that came with it. The only things that make sense to me is:
    1. He's just incredibly incompetent
    2. He hates or is incapable of doing some of the things that come along with being the HC of a major program like promoting the program to boosters and HS coaches and kissing the ass of top recruits and their close associates.

It was telling that Jones reinstated the signing day celebration tour that Dooley had dropped.

Dooley is a piece of shit lawyer, nothing more. No offense to Hat.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He was just a piece of shit who has never had to earn anything....

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Dooley's recruiting (or better put, lack thereof) wasn't really worth celebrating anyway.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Calling Dooley a lawyer is like calling everyone with a psychology degree a psychologist.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He showed his true colors when 2011 went to shit.

17. JayVols

Skip to the :50-:56 mark and the 1:30-1:33 mark. Says it all about my feelings on the man. Watch the whole clip for a Latin lesson.

[youtube]6gSj1G4Vf0w[/youtube]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Sincere question -

Can someone tell me how [ddiapos] essentially stopped recruiting a 5-star DB / lifelong Vols fan who lived less than 2 hours from his office.....and we're just now hearing about it?

It is especially curious, when one considers how many premium sites - most who specialize in recruiting - cover this team / fanbase? The family doesn't sound like they're too shy about speaking their mind, or sharing their disappointment with the whole thing. So, either they were asked, people knew it, and didn't report it - OR - no one bothered to check in on Mr. 5-Star / VFL for, oh, 6 months or so.

Dead serious. I want someone to even attempt a reasonable answer to this question, other than those I've previously mentioned.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think the answer is pretty obvious. Hubbs admitted to sitting on North's commitment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.