Vonn Bell's coach on Ainge show this a.m

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Feb 7, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Dave Hart is an ugly combination of arrogance and idiocy who likely would not have made a move if not forced by others and Dooley's colossal incompetence. I am convinced that man gives not one damn about the success of Tennessee athletics. He makes me sick.

Sorry for the rant, but I really loathe that man and his role in decimating UT football.

2. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Considering Dooley's nonchalant attitude about in state recruiting, this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

3. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I have a lot of trouble believing that Hart was not aware of all of Dooley's incompetence. As long as the money keeps flowing in .......

4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

You only have to listen to Dooley talk about recruiting for 4 or 5 minutes to tell that he borderline hated it.

5. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That's probably why he was the recruiting coordinator for Saban. He was good at the obsessive admin details and didn't have to do much actual leg work.

6. vol445

vol445 Member

He will transfer, take a mental note

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Me either. I buy many of the negatives about Dooley, but if Bell wanted to be a Vol, he'd be a Vol. He was recruited hard enough by Jones to make it happen. I personally dn't blame him seeings how Jones is a bottom feeder SEC coach, but saying that wouldn't go over too well. The radio interview was to assuage Vol fans who he disappointed.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Eggzactly

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't think there's anything you can say about Dave Hart that requires and apology.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We asked him to make a gigantic commitment, probably the biggest of his life to this point, after basically treating him like a CAK walk-on quality player for the last few years. At some point he just said, "screw it". It would be like if someone offered you season tickets at a fairly good price the day after we lost to Kentucky. Maybe 5 years ago you buy 6, but he'd just had enough and wasn't willing to make the sacrifice anymore.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

There was no continuity to the people who treated him like a walk on. Completely new faces

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

There was a continuity to the people that were treating him like a rock star.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Kiffen has/had a big name, not that has done much. But people were excited, he came from the NFL and everyone thought he'd be sending first round draft picks to the league for years. Same would have applied for Gruden. I don't think anyone can say the same for Mr Jones.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Kiffin, having Orgeron and Monte in tow, had a advantage.

Being a couple of years removed from USC's little run and having NFL background didn't hurt either.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I've said all along that Jones comes across as that long-winded rah-rah high school coach that actually believes his own psycho-babble, yet every player on the team knows he's really just full of shit.

I remember watching him when we played Cincy and thinking, "This guy is so over the top that he's comical." He also came across as an annoying whiner. Hope I'm wrong. It's still early, but nothing has changed my initial impression yet.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He wasn't a self professed OSU or Bama fan, though. Who "always wanted to attend UT" and "UT is where his heart is"

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Its like the motivation speaker HR always wants to bring in to increase moral, and all you want to do is kick him in the balls.

18. JayVols

Been there too, huh?

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yup, and because of budget cuts, no krispy kremes and bagels.

20. JayVols

Those cheap bastards!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.