Vote for Harrison

Discussion in 'Sports' started by cotton, Apr 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Geez. That was absurd. Thanks for the link.

These announcers are moronic.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They were pretty terrible. My guys won the A-AA 4x400 and they spent the entire race talking and, basically, cheering for the school that got second.

3. InVolNerable

Just watched the girls 4x2. They talk about how a team in lane 8 is in the lead through the second leg. I'm not sure they fully understand the staggering concept.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

9 events in, Harrison has a commanding lead in the US trials to make the Jr World Team. If he runs 4:42 or better in the 1500, he will break the national HS record for Jr Decathalon. He runs at 5:10 PDT, and for anybody that wants to watch, it can be seen here:

http://live.usatf.tv.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/live.html

5. cotton

4:44:42. damn.

6. cotton

7. InVolNerable

8. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

he will be fun to watch in the olympics.

9. cotton

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Looking at those scores, he's doing some phenomenal things. A 10.67 100m and a 48 second 400m, along with a 4:29 1500m? That's impressive. Hell, I specialized in the mile run and I wasn't much further ahead than him at that age. At this rate, though, I don't think he's quite to a level where he'll be in Rio next summer. Then again, I'm not totally aware of his competition for a spot on the team. He's well behind Ashton Eaton, then again, so is everyone else in the world. This junior score of his is a little inflated because of some differences between the junior and senior regulations, but this kid is well on his way. He'l need to get better in a couple of events, like get another foot or so on his long jump and improve his javelin throw by a decent amount, and really progress to get higher in the 8,000s for a score. He starts pushing 8,400-8,500 and he's looking at an Olympic medal possibility.

11. cotton