Voter Fraud Uncovered

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Mar 22, 2017.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

From the article:

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Voter fraud is always wrong, no matter which Party or candidate it may benefit, and I am most glad to see it rightfully pursued and criminally punished.

In fact, this is just so much more and valuable evidence of the very real danger that voting fraud poses to the democratic process, and how those abuses are clearly not limited to any one political Party / group / belief, etc. And worse, the already sizable difficulties in preventing, detecting, investigating, enforcing and punishing those who commit voter fraud are only further compounded, and made so much more needlessly difficult and complicated, both in being left to individual states and jurisdictions and in absence of any over-arching, universally and uniformly applied federal voting laws.

This is precisely why federal voting laws are so clearly necessary, and should encompass and legally mandate the entirety of the voting process, including the initial application, verification of eligibility, positive identification at the polls, and one policy on the acceptable methods by which votes can be legally cast, and accurately counted.

Hopefully, Congress will soon address this issue and quickly move to pass legislation which will provide for that federal standardization, and which is so clearly needed.

I do find it particularly ironic (and hilarious) that it seems to always be Republicans who are actually committing the same type of voter fraud which they so love to accuse the Democrats of doing, even despite the fact that they keep getting caught red-handed, and that there has never been a single instance where Democrats have been similarly proven to have done the same, or anything similar to it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well obviously there are instances of democrat voter fraud. Generally, this kind of act gets caught and appears to be ultra rare. I agree that it must always be prosecuted vigorously, and should be publicized as being detected and punished as much as possible.

I do not think it has affected any state level or national elections in my adult life, but I share your call for a spotlight on it. I reject any action that attempts to deal with this by interfering with citizens' voter rights, though.

5. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

What if his wife knew about it and authorized it? And testifies as much?
    Fraud usually requires a victim aggrieved. Unless the state claims a damaged interest, I don't see much of a crime here.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Same.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Reasonable take. Yet the Right has called many initiatives to help the Poor get out and vote to be "fraud" and buying votes.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If she authorized it, it's called being a good husband.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They are helping people get out to vote that they expect will vote for them. Let's not pretend it's some altruistic effort.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

cigarettes for votes isn't buying them?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Attempted murder, imo.

12. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Really? Most voter fraud is committed by leftists. Its three story on the same incident by small papers.

https://www.theamericanmirror.com/ohio-liberal-activist-pleads-guilty-jailed-14-counts-voter-fraud/

http://www.salemnews.net/news/local-news/2017/03/el%E2%80%88woman-gets-jail-for-voter-registration-fraud/

http://www.wfmj.com/story/32187194/east-liverpool-woman-in-court-for-false-voter-registrations

And my post on this if one likes a little biting commentary and Rules for Radicals #5 treatment of the leftist perp:

http://poliforum.yuku.com/topic/413/Libtard-activist-pleads-guilty-to-VOTER-fraud#.WNQTJeTasb0

13. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Let's apply the same standards to things like voter ID laws, which are blatant efforts to suppress votes for the opposition.

14. NashVol11

Let's also remember that voter fraud is MUCH more common with things like mail-in ballots, seen here, yet voter ID laws claiming to "protect the integrity of the process" only induce people to use those more fraud-ridden methods in much greater numbers.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It doesn't need to be. Go ahead an announce the law now. Set up no cost ID program at all DMVs now. Begin enforcement in 2022.

16. NashVol11

Goes both ways.

Making it easier for poor people (who are mostly Democrats) to vote = "buying votes/fraud"
    Making it harder for poor people (who are mostly Democrats) to vote = "integrity/necessity"

17. NashVol11

In other words, if you're going to argue that Democrats have politicized the act of getting people to vote, then you sure as hell better acknowledge that Republicans have politicized the hell out of the voter ID issue. And to a much more explicit degree.

18. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Or we could just reject your premise altogether. Fraud is fraud and voter id is not harder for the poor.

If some person can get to the polls and wait in line to vote then they can use the same process to get to the DMV, wait in line and get a free id.

19. NashVol11

You're welcome to reject it if it makes you feel better, but you'd be wrong. IDs often aren't free, often require much more than just showing up (don't have a birth certificate? Misspelled name on there? Sucks for you), and often are only available during work hours.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Simply untrue. The polls are much easier to reach than a dmv, for one.