We have to move now

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Nov 28, 2017.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't care how farfetched it sounds. We cannot let Currie rush to hire Dorean or some horribly unqualified VFL. I truly believe the best option is still on the table. You don't start building a staff just for shits and giggles. It's time to rectify past mistakes once and for all. This hire is the difference between national titles and the death of the program.

It's time for the people in charge to decide if they want us to be Alabama or Ole Miss. I don't care how they do it. Fire who you need to. Convince who you need to. The people in power cannot trot out another disaster hire, no matter how much it may remind fans of the 90's. We cannot afford to wait another 6 years and spend another 20 million dollars. There is only one option. Make it happen. I have no inside info, except you guys, and I still believe it's possible. Get me Gruden. Tomorrow.

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Lol it's about two weeks too late for this

3. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Won't happen

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Why? Alabama hired a coach in January. Gruden hasn't even turned us down yet. Although, I have expect that by the end of the night.

bigpapavol likes this.
  5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

They want to be Ole Miss.

6. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Currie still being employed is a repeat of Butch remaining as coach after Georgia. No other school would let them continue being employed.

A-Smith, AbeFroman and Volst53 like this.
  7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Honestly at this point fire everyone, take your time, and start over. 2018 is shot to hell, don't [uck fay] up the next 3 years with it. I'd rather hire a coach mid January that doesn't blow donkey balls then to hire a coach just because of the early signing period.

gcbvol likes this.
  8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

If you remove John Currie and replace him with a friend of Jon’s who should have had the damn job to start with, you bet your ass it would.

gcbvol and utvol0427 like this.
  9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

All it would take is someone with a meaningful voice (that the fans would trust) to speak up. It could be Gruden. It could be Peyton. Hell, just have Gruden's kid leak a tweet. But no, seems like the consensus is let it all burn while everyone around the country laughs at Tennessee.

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Ok. Get the word out that all we have to do is fire the guy that everyone wants to fire and we can land gruden. Shouldn't take long for a twitter horde to take the UTAD by storm and stronghold them in to making it happen.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Exactly, if he wanted it so bad all he would have to do is say it and it would be done. Publicly.

12. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I meant Currie isn't going anywhere anytime soon IMO. At least until he [uck fay]s us with a garbage hire

NYY likes this.
  13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Because they've been embarrassed publicly by "plebes" and they're stupid rich. They're going to triple down on their antics. It's [uck fay]ed. It was [uck fay]ed two months ago. It was [uck fay]ed when Currie was hired. Haslem has to go. Not fade into the background. He has to go. Tennessee will never have an AD worth a damn with his hands on it and it will most certainly not have a football program worth half a damn.

reVOLt likes this.
  14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

All it took is one guy to leak their plans for Schiano and the whole thing was [uck fay]ed, because people stood up to them. I refuse to believe it's impossible here.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.

-Socrates

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That was a lightning strike

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That guy needs a statue

Tenacious D, A-Smith, JayVols and 3 others like this.
  18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Leak some news about Gruden and I'll build him one myself.

A-Smith likes this.
  19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We’ve said this twice. It’s time we start being [Richards] to ourselves.

We’re all a bunch of delusional [uck fay]tards who catfish ourselves.

If JonGruden wanted the job, he’d publicly ask. This behind the scenes crap is crap.

Do it openly, or not at all.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

National media needs to be hit with this on twitter and everywhere else.

Make Jon say something publicly. And get Currie out. ASAP.

tvolsfan likes this.