Week 4 Rankings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 24, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Dodging." [uck fay]ing hell, how am I dodging anything on this website? Am I not here, posting?

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How many people on this site said Florida isn’t good leading up to our game with them? How many people said Utah is overrated when Florida beat them? How many times has Groves said UK isn’t good, just this past weekend alone? Stop pretending I’m the only person on here saying certain teams aren’t good.

You can pick nearly any metric you want, and the answer will lead you to “Florida is bad at defense.” Give it a try. Where do they rank, even just in the SEC, in yds/game allowed? Rush yds? Pass yds? Pts?

Is Florida good at defense? Are they even average? If not, why does it matter that we didn’t punt against them?

Again, cool stat on its face, but pretty meaningless if you dig into it even a bit.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I asked you a direct, yes or no question, and you’ve responded twice now without answering it. That’s how you’re dodging.

Lol @ you asking my criteria for judging a defense instead of just providing your own answer and supporting it with evidence. I get it. It’s hard to do when you want to answer the question a certain way, but no evidence supports the answer.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Pitt has a pretty solid defense. They’re a better team to point to, in that regard. But we also struggled against them offensively. Hard to tell, though, if it was the good defense making us struggle or us just not getting out of our own way. I lean towards the latter, but hard to say for sure.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, I pick SOS. What does that say?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Florida has an sec defense. I think they have had one of the toughest schedules through 4 games in the country. One can think Utah and Kentucky are not top 10 teams and recognize that playing them and tennessee is as tough of 3 games as just about anyone has played. Now tell me otherwise.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Where do the offenses Florida has played rank nationally? Obviously we know ours is good. What about the others?

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Fixed it

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is WVU better than Kentucky and Utah?

Our sample size is very limited, you arguing with anyone while saying pitt is a better defense based on, what, playing Tennessee at pitt vs Florida at tennessee? Come off it, you're out here acting like it is nuts to think being 4-0 with two top 20 wins is any different than butch jones and [ddiapos] in year 2. Clowning. I'm not crowning or worshipping heupel, I'm just here, looking at facts. But all of them, not cherry picking to "but is Florida's defense any good?" Like the vols should tumble down from 11 for not covering the line set to separate degenerates from their money.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you dodging the question?!

11. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I'm a Vol fan, I do not come here or anywhere else to 'pump the breaks". I'm [uck fay]ing starving for some success and fun with the football program. They're giving us a heaping portion size of fun and I'm eating it all up. Should they come back to earth a bit and finish 8-4, I'm still all in. That won't take away a 4-0 start and beating Florida. Does the team have holes, hell yes, and we knew them coming in to the season. So [uck fay]ing what. I love this team warts and all.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Still surprised at Indy going negative so hard and often after a big W for the program. Doesn’t matter if UF stinks. We’ve stunk plenty along the way losing for 15/16 years.
    Ballers celebrate reg season wins for 24 hours. Nothing else. Then get back to focus on where we are weaker. Figured a former player would understand, all of us were in the locker room celebrating in our own areas Saturday night. And one of us OD’d on Zima while trying to bring breaking news such as we haven’t beaten top 3 teams yet and UF isn’t Mullens or Spurriers UF going up against Fulmer, Dooley, Butch or Pruitt.
    You and jqk need to go to a lighten up conference.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wouldn't lump jqk in with Indy's antics.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

his hate of sec shorts deserves a temporary lumping. Yet he’s been to 6 Dane Cook shows opened up by Paula Poundstone

VolDad, HCKevinSteele and IP like this.
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Of course not. I’m trying to walk through the answer with you. You said SoS. You think the teams Florida has played are better than the teams other teams have played, leading to Florida’s poor defensive rankings.

So, the obvious next step is to look at the offenses of the teams Florida has played, and see how they stack up with the rest of the country. If the SOS argument supports the position that Florida is a good defense, then those offenses they’ve played should be highly ranked, right?

Do you disagree with that approach?

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve been to 2 comedy shows in my life, Jerry Seinfeld and Gabriel Iglesias. I’ve heard the name Dane Cook but I couldn’t give you one quote.

SEC shorts is stupid. It’s not my fault

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you are dodging considering sos by moving past it to offense rankings. For the record.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t disagree with this at all. I’d be fine with 8-4 as well, happy with 9-3, and ecstatic with 10-2.

I’m saying pump the breaks to people saying we’d beat anybody but Bama/UGA/OSU and claiming that our growth is more rapid than anyone has seen since Saban at Bama.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Well, if the question is “Is Florida good at defense,” and you say you want to look at SOS, what else am I supposed to do, aside from looking at the offenses of the teams on Florida’s schedule? Are we going to take the defenses of the teams on Florida’s schedule into account when discussing Florida’s defense?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could you list the additional teams the vols can't beat, and which programs had a more rapid rise and the years?