Well, it looks like I'm moving to Jonesboro

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Jul 18, 2012.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm game. Just let me know when and where.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Is that the deli in Elizabethton?

Also, I've never been to Phil's Dream Pit. I think they opened after I skipped town.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I guess you can consider Blue Circle Elizabethton... I'd take Aunt B's or Sittin Bull over Blue Circle though.

Phil's Dream Pit is supposed to be amazing, but if I'm coming to town, I'm eating Greg's Pizza. It's just that simple.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Aunt B's. Had almost completely forgotten about that joint.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Sittin Bull in Gray would be a good call. It's right in the middle for all of us... a little far for NYY. Then again, meeting NYY halfway means a truck stop in Baileyton. No thanks.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I can always make a day of it and visit with friends from college while up there. Of course if we need to meet in the back of a big rig and the price is right, that's fine too.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

No, the Blue Circle is the sole survivor of a regional chain that features sliders, hot dogs and great shakes made with ice cream. It's in Bristol.

8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Understandable, we used to drive from Bristol for Greg's all the time. Now there is Boomershine's.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Somebody say Pal's and I'm in.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The Davey Crockett Truck Stop at exit 36 has killer a breakfast....

11. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I've always thought their bacon cheeseburger would give anywhere a run for their money. That thing was delicious.

12. JayVols

Just ate a Big Pal. It's nothing special when you can have it anytime you want. Good but not d a m n that's awesome.....

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think the only sit-down locations are Greeneville and JC Mall. Is that correct?

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

The original in Kingsport. Jay, if you ever leave UET, you'll quickly realize how "****, that was awesome" a Big Pal really is.

15. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

btw, sorry lyls. No help whatsoever for Jonesboro, Arkansas. But if you ever move to Jonesborough, TN, we've got you set.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You read my mind bill. I was just coming here to say that you all are no help besides making me want to try restaurants in east TN

17. JayVols

There's a covered picnic table area at the original in downtown Kingsport, which I find the best tasting.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Yes, sorry to hijack your thread lyls. I'm sure Jonesboro, Arkansas is wonderful and had many fine places to eat. You will also be close to 8thmaxim favorites Gus Malzahn and John Brady.

19. JayVols

Come to Church Hill. I'll take you to the Dairy Hart if you want a burger. Bring plenty of $. They're proud of them.

20. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Been there, tried that. There's a difference in a real burger and a fast food burger. In And Out has a fabulous burger, but there's just something unique about the flavor of a Pal's Big Pal with cheese, no onion, add pickle.

For real burger taste, again I offer Aunt B's. Anyone ever eat at Willie's in Jonesborough before it closed and became, well I can't remember what they renamed it. Willie eventually reopened for a while in Bowmantown, but his burgers were to die for as well. Same for his biscuit and gravy breakfast.