We're Gonna Lose To Vandy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Oct 21, 2016.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I think we will. I think one of the games will be really close, though.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Not to mention fiscally irresponsible.... I'd be out $50!!

3. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

At this point I can see it. Unfortunately Lyle will still be here next season

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Was this the close one?

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I believe this more now than I did as of 7:15 PM EST

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Lose to Kentucky and Vandy and see what happens.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Will probably win out then

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If that happens he may leave on his own.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't see how he could lose to Vaginabilt or UK and expect to be around next year. Even the dumbest of the dumb will start jumping ship at that. And it would all but assure that Neyland is vacant after the first loss of 2017.

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

A quick look at VolNation suggested that a lot of them already have. The ones that haven't are blaming Debord

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Glancing at VN, it appears a lot of folks are pretty pissed. I still believe they'll change their tune after getting some victories in the ultra impressive tail end of our schedule. Righted the ship and all.

But there are some that are still saying he's "earned more time". Citing getting us to nine wins as a reason. I mean freaking Vanderbilt had multiple 9 win seasons just a few years ago, and the East was actually better back then. In how many of those nine games would Jim Harbaugh's wife have any trouble shepherding Tennessee to victory?

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't care if you 100% blame DeBord for every single loss, negative play, or any issue of any consequence that hasn't been 100% favorable to Tennessee since 2014. The warning signs that DeBord would be a tremendous failure were so overwhelmingly obvious as to absolutely demand the firing of the guy that hired him should he ultimately flame out.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Damn. Look at how the Auburn offense has turned around since playcalling was handed over to Rhett Lashlee. We could have gotten him instead of DeBord. Imagine the kind of damage Hurd, Kamara, and Dobbs would be doing right now.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Sheeeeeiiit, I'd settle for about 100 different OC's from the FBS/FCS level over Debord.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

With all due respect, where the **** have you been the past 10 years.

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The problem with VN is those same people will jump right back on board by Tuesday.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Good point. I'm continuously amazed how badly our program is managed.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I think the great American philosopher, Aaron Tippin, once told us, "You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything."

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Injured defense. That's the excuse. That has to be the reason he keeps trotting jumper out there. Guy literally cannot play at all. I watched him most of the nights last night and he just cannot play. I mean none.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Anyone with half a brain should realize that holding a crap team like SC to 24 points should still be more than enough to win. The offense put up 14. Should have easily been over 35.