What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

wow ok

I got ghost of tsushima it’s pretty neat

emainvol likes this.
  2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't mind the trials, actually. The game was getting stale and I feel it added a little bit of variety.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, piss off.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Sons gaming system came in today. That’s as fired up as I’ve seen him in awhile.
    I still have this little fear that he’s going to turn it on and the whole neighborhood goes dark. Sucker is heavy.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

I think my favorite thing about Ghost of Tsushima is that I don’t have to get off my damn horse to pick up stuff. Looking at you RDR2 and Skyrim

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Tempted to give another go at Remake in preparation of Rebirth. But just… meh… idk.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’ve played it a little here and there but there’s too much other stuff right now

Plus new Like a Dragon comes out Friday. That will probably take up a huge chunk of my time

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bought and downloaded FFVI. Probably gonna start it tomorrow.

emainvol likes this.
  9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

FFVII Rebirth Demo is out and it’s pretty damned cool

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh really... Gonna need to give that a look.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m sure you’ll see before you download, but it lets you do one of the things Final Fantasy 7 fans have wanted to do for decades

12. JohnnyQuickkick

Get laid?

dknash, Indy, emainvol and 1 other person like this.
  13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Finished it earlier

I’m really interested to see the second part of the demo when it comes out since it will, presumably, include at least one mini game

But man… they did a damned good job with the part of the story they featured in demo

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Been playing NHL24. Just won the cup, and it’s the best ending of a sports game season ever

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Idk if I ever figured out what this was. Playing as Sephiroth? Piano mini game?

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Sephiroth, although the piano mini game has some potential

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Been playing Hell Divers 2 for the last week. It's been a blast. Servers are crazy overloaded at the moment.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thought it was going to be resurrecting Aeris.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just went down a rabbit hole reading about how they might let Aerith live this time around.

Maybe it will be fine, but I don't understand why they couldn't just make the same game but with voice acting and significantly better graphics. Hell, changing the combat is fine, adding more meat to some of the areas and cities is fine. Dramatic shifts in the story though... idk. That's not what I was looking for.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m thinking we are going to get some kind of split universe that tells the Aerith story. Whether that means “one where she dies, one where Cloud saves her and dies” or something different I dunno.

But we already know Zack is going to play a role at some point or another, so there’s already at least one rift somewhere.

Thing about stories like that, if you pull them off they are great. Problem is pulling them off without it just feeling like a cop out.

I have liked several multi-narrative games I have played in the past, granted they were all set in the same timeline

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024