What is the deal...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Jun 9, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thinking more or less of someone based on their beverage choice does not scream "thinking for one's self." It screams "I respond to marketing."

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I had a cider IPA once. It was pretty fantastic. Sadly I can't remember the name of the microbrew.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm not just responding to marketing if I laugh at you for wearing a skort.

4. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

The wife had bad headaches for a while and went on somewhat gluten free diet. The headaches went away. It was too much hassle to stick with so she went back to a normal diet but tried to watch her wheat intake in general. It helped keep the severe headaches away.

I was on it too just for kicks and to be supportive. Didn't notice any great change other than energy levels. Actually thought I got more benefit from vegetarian diet than gluten free.

With diets I think you should eat anything you want in moderation except processed foods

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Perhaps it's the copious amounts of alcohol that's not agreeing with him? Call me crazy.

6. JayVols

And/or wine coolers.

7. JayVols

What?????

Please tell me you're joking.

8. JayVols

What about Twisted Iced Tea?

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Some of the high grav ciders are solid.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

We're talking about beverages. Beverages.

11. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Would you order an appletini if you were at a bar watching a game with your friends? And if you would, I really enjoyed your character in Scrubs.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, I wouldn't. I prefer dark beers. But I am not going to think much one way or another if a friend of mine orders a damn strongbow

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Less of an "I respond to marketing" than an "I respond to those who respond to marketing."

I'd keep hard cider in my fridge for profiling purposes. I'd also keep Pet Shop Boys and Seal in my musical rotation for similar reasons.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm pretty sure I would heckle any friend of mine mercilessly, and would expect no less in return

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My wife likes Woodchuck and/or Jack Daniels

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what about people who drink maple whisky?

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Real men drink Boone's Farm.

18. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

man card revoked. you can file an appeal, like a poon, if you like. your case will be reviewed in 10-15 years. good day, ma'am.

19. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

once i got into darker beers, most everything else started tasting like water.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Well, once you go black...