When did you know Dooley was not and could not be the guy?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

“I interviewed some other guys who are very successful, and will be very successful, and I will look forward to watching them,” Hamilton said. “But in the end, I was probably overly sensitive to the fact that the last situation wasn’t as much of a fit as it needed to be. Lane did a lot of good things in terms of his ability to coach and all those kinds of things. But Derek is just more a fit. I don’t know any other way to say it.

“Derek will connect with our fan base. A guy who in his first press conference says ‘mama,’ ‘britches’ and ‘supper’ will connect with our fan base. I get that. It’s sweet tea and grits. But it’s one thing to say that stuff, and it’s another thing to be that stuff. And I think Derek is a consummate Southerner.”

--Mike Hamilton

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd forgotten that. When that is your reasoning, you should be run out of town.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ho. Lee. Crap.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

He was as good as a fit as Hamilton was.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He gave the people what they wanted. He shouldn't have, but the legions begged for a southern gentleman, an anti-kiffin, and Hamilton gave it to them.

6. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Big Will said on Basilio that he is becoming a Dools fan. what a bum

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

How is he "becoming" a Dooley fan? Has Dooley gone on some long win streak I'm not aware of?

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don't think I'd ever seen that. When that is your reasoning, you should be fired before you can get the contract signed.

Connecting with the fan base is great. But losing breaks a lot of connections.

9. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Big Will said he believes the guys are coming around. Basically he is living off the moral victory at georgia

10. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Not to mention he said "Look at what's happening at La Tech, that's Dooley's guys"

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

^^This^^

I can't even put into words how bad the UGA staff is and they ran circles around us.

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

That is the biggest load of bull shit I honestly think I have ever read.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Consider the source. Mike Hamilton was to the UTAD what Joseph Hazelwood was to Exxon.

14. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Big Will knows if Doo drop sticks around it will get to the point where he has to recruit east Tenn kids.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Unbelievable. I cringe anytime a fan talks about how X school is different than other schools and you need a guy with different priorities. F that. Win and it's amazing how quickly you become an X man. Look at Chip Kelly or Nick Saban.

16. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Good point JZ, i forget he's pumping those guys all the time

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

What? You mean John Calipari isn't just like the average Kentucky fan? Heresy.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The worst part is that Kippy would have done just as well keeping that recruiting class together. Besides, one recruiting class should never decide who the coach is going to be.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I hope the next coach holds their press conference at Dollywood wearing a Skynyrd t-shirt.

20. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Truth.