Where is Silas Redd?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Jul 26, 2012.

1. NukemVol

NukemVol Member

Cowherd admits to being a USC homer. And he likes to put emphasis on it.

I hope Kiffin's PP mirrors Ari's PP to Vince in one the shitty later seasons of Entourage.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just as an aside on Bryce Brown. Last I saw on him he is looking to be the #3 RB this year for the Eagles despite admitting to never ever pass-blocking before. Not sure I believe that he didn't do it at least once at UT, but that's what he said.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think that was one of the major problems he had here. He only came in on running plays for the most part.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I recall Kiffin saying that was how he got talented freshmen involved. If they couldn't pass block well, he just wouldn't ask them to do it. I still have a hard time believing he didn't at least get a little work at it against some scrubs. He played a decent amount and Crompton really slung it around in some games.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You should be.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kiffin could be successful in the NFL. Don't know if he could win a Super Bowl, but I wouldn't bet against him.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He attempted to, he just wasn't very good at it.

Most freshmen RBs have never done it when they first get to college. He really only played one season of college ball.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This may eventually bite him on the ass. Orgeron plays in the gray areas of the rules and when you intentionally thumb your nose at the AA, they'll find something to get you on.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

So, is it semi-official that Redd is gone to USC?

You know, if he were to visit Knoxville, things could change.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The nfl lifestyle must be superior because it does appear that guys who have had a taste always go back. in a way he has a difficult situation at sc. 20 years ago just winning the conference most years would be acceptable to trojan fans. now they expect national titles. of course the nfl is just as fickle.

haden is no idiot like garrett. i find it very hard to believe he isn't all over kiffen and ed o if he thinks they are doing anything shady. and let's face it. at sc orgeron can play it straight and they can still get top 5 recruiting classes. not the same at ole miss.

his father (i believe) said nothing is official and he's still deciding (which probably means he's going to usc). given the fact that camp is starting soon i'd think he'd either go to sc or stay at penn state.

11. Tenacious D

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Are you going to join the league or what?

13. Tenacious D

The league? College football fantasy league? If so, then no. I couldn't cheer for any player that wasn't in Tennessee orange. It's a narrow world-view, for sure, but one in which I am comfortable in admitting its limitations.

However, I am about to solicit some interest for a new NFL fantasy league, FWIW.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

have you thought about making it just sec? otherwise doesn't everyone just load up with players from boise and houston and other teams that put up ridiculous offensive numbers against lousy competition? i must admit i've never been in a ncaa league though. . .

15. InVolNerable

I've made it just AQ Conference players. Also, there are weak opponent point deductions (I think it's -15% when playing against a really weak opponent.) Limiting players to solely SEC doesn't allow nearly enough quality players. There's going to be 10-12 people in the league, there'd be no allowance for everyone to have a shot at at least a decent starting QB, let alone a sufficient back up. But like I've said in the thread, I'm open to suggestions.

16. InVolNerable

Understandable. I'll be down for a NFL fantasy league as well if an invite is shot my way.

17. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Read on Twitter he's deciding today.

Freakin CLK...

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd be shocked if he wasn't going to sc.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just got Kiffined again.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

For a bad Coach he kicks Dooleys ass in recruiting like an orange dog.