Where is Silas Redd?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Jul 26, 2012.

1. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

He is fighting for the #2, he has impressed the staff for the first part of camp and is ahead of Polk and right there with Dion Lewis. Ironically, one of his strengths they have noticed is his pass blocking

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If he ends up usurping Dion Lewis, all this crap about him being overrated is going to look pretty ridiculous.

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

He is impressing and Reid likes him because he can play him at multiple positions

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

el oh el.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

But it's hard to know how to rate a guy that dropped out of two different colleges and played against pretty weak competition in high school. I don't know that overrated is fair, but if he can't make it through a college season without getting his body or feelings hurt I'm not sure how the NFL will work out for him.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That's a fair concern, but there's no doubting the value that the Eagles got with that pick. His measurables have never been a question...his size, speed, and athleticism make him a 1st or 2nd round talent. And, while a little bruised in limited action as a freshman, they basically landed an All-American with no mileage, and little to no wear and tear on him in the 7th freaking round. Sure, he has some issues between the ears...he's no guarantee...but he's as good a value as I've ever seen in the 7th.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Great pickup for USC

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Probably for the best. Would have been stuck behind DY on our depth chart anyway.