Who do You Want?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by GahLee, Sep 19, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you think. he may be great, but take out ole miss and his best wins are against Cincinnati and UConn. i'm not saying it's a lock he's a bust btw, simply that it's not a lock he's the next urban meyer either. seems to me like he'd be a better fit at a smaller power 5 program. he's the type of person vandy or cal should be hiring, not tenn.

2. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

In which Dalton was not considered an NFL prospect. Enter Fuente as QB coach and OC he becomes bonafide potential NFL MVP candidate. Anything else?

3. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

Wikipedia Dalton's accolades with Fuente vs. without him.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Credit to Fuente for developing him, but 6 ft 7 inch qbs with a cannon arm can win a lot of games in the aac

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not saying I would be pissed at Fuente coming here. Tennessee can do worse, but I want a proven commodity if I have a choice.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't say he must not be very good. I just want something proven at the level we play on.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how many sophomores are considered nfl prospects?

he went 11-2 without him and completed 60 percent of his passes. I don't see anything that isn't normal for someone going from an underclassman to upperclassman starting qb. it's not like he sucked before fuente took over. this isn't a Trevon boykin situation.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

No reason why.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

if we can get the current staff out of here, I firmly believe JG will be right back in the mix. 3 more years of garbage coaching, national laughingstock style spotlight and potential for dwindling revenues can change a lot of minds.

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

One can hope anyway.

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Fuente would be better than Butch. But, better than Butch should not be the goal. Having said that, Fuente would be a likely HOT TARGET option for the Cheek/Hart crew, so if they are still around, hard to think we could do much better. BUT!!! I completely agree that we should be pulling the coaches that EVERYONE wants. This big long experiment should end with making a safe choice as in a GREAT choice. We all know who that is. And we all know who needs to get pushed out of the way to make that happen.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hart couldn't pull Fuente. That guy will have better options.

13. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Obviously. If you can.hit a grand slam, do it. If we are hiring an up and comers. I want Fuente.

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm gonna say that if the people on the Hill are as short-sighted as people here make them seem, then they aren't seeing the potential for dwindling revenues.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Fuente
    Rhule
    Herman
    Whittingham
    Babers

16. kidbourbon

I don't follow this. He's proven at turning around a program. Would you have balked at the Urban Meyer hire from Utah? Utah was a mid-major back then.

17. kidbourbon

He's also mobile. And he won at least one game in the SEC, it should be noted.

18. kidbourbon

And how is Tennessee gonna get Nick Saban or Urbann Meyer, etc.?

19. kidbourbon

It's about trajectory.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like Rhule too