Who do You Want?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by GahLee, Sep 19, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fuente hasn't won a BCS bowl yet.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ding ding ding. If Fuente goes 12-0 and gets into the playoff and wins a game, then we will know he is the Real Deal Holyfield.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No thank you on Babers.

I have never heard of Rhule before.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He went undefeated and won a Bcs bowl. Fuente does that and he'll get any job he wants

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Winning at Utah and winning at Memphis aren't comparable. He's done enough right now to warrant a good job. If they keep winning he will practically have his pick.

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Now that Golden got canned at Miami the pool of programs seeking coaches is even deeper, not that Miami is a plum job by any means but as of now, this whole thread is pissing up a rope. Botch isn't going anywhere any time soon.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Winning at Utah is easy now?

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Easier than Memphis.

9. NorrisAlan

I disagree whole-heartedly. American Conference is harder to win in than the PAC-12?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The year he went undefeated he obliterated Texas a&m, Arizona, byu, North Carolina, and Pittsburg. If you are telling me memphis' schedule this year is harder, I'd have to go ahead and disagree

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They were in the mountain west then, but it was still a far better conference than the American

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I kind of meant from a more historical standpoint. Utah is only recently a Power 5.

13. NorrisAlan

Fair enough.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A lily white mwc school isn't easier to win at than a 3rd rate crumbling c-USA school.

Meyer is a big reason Utah is a PAC 12 school now.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

They were in the Mountain West then.

16. NorrisAlan

I got it, I GOT IT!

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Both Utah and Memphis were shit tier programs.

Memphis has a lot easier access to athletes than Utah, however. Memphis can take in any sec flunk out or reject. Utah can't.

Memphis sits in a pretty good recruiting area, albeit one that is poached by big schools. Utah is in Utah.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Utah has a half a dozen guys that have flunked out of current PAC 12 programs, but there is no question their recruiting base is garbage. In particular, given the fact that much of the talent base is Mormon and will go to byu by default.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Gruden isn't a pipe dream, he's a realistic candidate. The coaching search should begin and end there. It's sad people expect an unproven hire when other perennial top tens go out and get the cream of the crop.

20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Which is why they stay perennial top tens... Apparently the power structure at UT thinks they can neither afford or deserve top shelf coaches. Other than Neyland (and maybe Majors) when has UT gone balls out to get THE guy?