Wild Coyotes Spotted in Wrigleyville

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by PoochPunt3rdDown, Nov 28, 2012.

1. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I can understand how this would seem odd or even "chilling" to some, but there is a greenway that runs all the way from Southern Wisconsin down to the city; Perfect avenue for the coyotes to roam unfettered all the way downtown. My place north of the city used to be a stone's throw from the greenway and I saw several coyotes while out walking my dog. They were quite a nuisance in some areas, killing small dogs and scaring children. Still come pretty cool pics.

Wild Coyotes Spotted in Wrigleyville | NBC Chicago

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Coyotes are quite adaptable creatures.

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I heard about it on the radio today. One guy asked why would coyotes be there..... The other guy said, they are there to feed on the dead cubs..... I laughed

4. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

the dingos ate my baby!

5. Those things are more common than many people realize and are incredibly adaptable to the presence of people.

I wouldn't worry until anvils begin dropping from the sky or someone spots one going down the road on rocket skates. Then you've got a problem.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tons of coyotes and foxes in my neighborhood, which is 4 miles from downtown Denver. They are not nefarious creatures anymore than a raccoon is.

So Jayvols hates them.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They are in Atlanta.