Wins

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 24, 2022.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Especially given the style of play. It wouldn’t take any kind of a miracle, just an above average day on both sides and win the turnover battle and you’ll have a shot.

2. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

9 - would be 10 if we weren’t replacing 2 starting WRs and if Evans had come back and if our defense had more of a pulse.

6 - would be doomsday unless we have a rash of injuries to key players

11 wins with a place in the playoff would make me get a face tattoo of Heupel

IP likes this.
  3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Expect 9 wins.

Doomsday thread gets bumped with 6 wins, maybe at 7 depending on the losses.

15 wins and I'll get a Heupel tattoo.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This is an 8-win team that could win 10 (or even 11 if we’re getting silly) if everything breaks right or 6 if everything breaks wrong.

The defining games are Pitt, Florida, LSU, and…Kentucky?

2-2 is probably the most likely outcome there. 3-1 is more likely than 1-3, but we’re probably more likely to slip up against South Carolina than we are to beat Bama.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Me too

6. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Heard via radio a sports betting site claims we go 7 wins. My brain says 8 wins, my heart says 10.

A-Smith likes this.
  7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We're an 8-4 team unless the defense has improved dramatically.

If we finish top 10 offense and top 50 defense at the end of the year we've had a very good season.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We've got a great core of players while nearly everyone else is depending on the portal to make them good at the expense of chemistry. I think we win 9.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ll call this a win

Memtownvol, utvol0427 and VolDad like this.
  10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

11. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

15 Mother [uck fay]ers

utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I'd like to think the days of losing to South Carolina are behind us. I watched a lot of OU games last year, and Spencer Rattler did not impress me. The idea some have that he is gonna step into the SEC and make some noise with worse talent on his side of the ball while going up against real defenses each week does not add up to me.

justingroves and IP like this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They’re coached by media-anointed HoFer Shane Beamer tho

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I mean it’s 75-80% chance of winning, even on the road. But I’m not sure we have a 20-25% chance against Bama.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Ball St (W) 62-17
    @Pitt (W) 38-34
    Akron (W) 56-13
    Florida (W) 48-24
    @LSU (L) 20-27
    Alabama (L) 34-52
    TN-Martin (W) 62-14
    Kentucky (W) 48-38
    @Georgia (L) 38-17
    Missouri (W) 33-24
    @USCjr (W) 41-34
    @Vandy (W) 52-20

I've tilted towards the negative for YEARS but have hopes that Heupel can do things this year with a high octane offense and get enough good bounces and some stops on D to win 9 games. I think we exercise our demons against Florida and beat the absolute shit out of them. But there's a HUGE caveat to that statement. If they trip and lose against Pitt in week 2 then Florida would worry me much more. I don't care if LSU is supposed to be good/bad - it will be a game in their house and Brian Kelly is a good coach. Its an easily losable game. Then we may hang with Bama for a bit but get outran. Georgia will tear us a new asshole in Athens. There could be a letdown game with either Kentucky or USCjr.

I think if we start 4-0 it's a definite 9 win regular season. If we start 2-2 we may be more like a 7-5 team and my patience with Heupel would largely depend on what happened to get us to 5 losses. If we get blown out by everyone and the games suck then I'll pack his bags for him. If we somehow won all the games I've predicted AND maybe get LSU also it would make the home game against Bama the biggest in Neyland probably since Florida 98. The atmosphere would be insane. We win 10 games somehow and I'm all in on the Heup train. I'm very happy with 9 wins as long as we don't just get destroyed in the 3 losses. I'm good with 8 wins also depending on circumstances. 7 wins and I'm probably leaning towards he's going to be another 3 or 4 year coach and rinse/repeat. 6 wins and he's a dead man walking.

PilotFlyingJ and 10SEvols like this.
  16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'll be surprised if we finish anything besides 8-4 or 7-5.

10SEvols likes this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'll also get the Heupel tattoo if we win 11, but no it will not be on the face

Edit: Uh-oh

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Get one of a Tennessee adorned Calvin pissing on a visor so you can tell people it's from your youth.

A-Smith and OneForVol like this.
  19. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Boo

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

An ass tat will have to suffice then