Woke up to this gem on toos

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

"But Volly, haven't you been bashing people who are skeptical of Dooley?"

"Ummm could you be more specific?"

The answer is "yes," Volly. Yes.

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Its utterly ridiculous that she is denying that forever she bashed anyone who had anything negative to say about dooley.

3. Montrell

Montrell New Member

She is an idiot. Plain and simple. One of the worst posters on that board and that is saying a lot.

And LOL...Are people really trying to give Dooley credit for the job Dykes is doing at La Tech????? You have to be kidding me.

Sounds a lot like the idiot on VQ Monday saying Dooley / Tennessee deserve credit for the beatdown South Carolina put on an overated UGA team by "wearing out UGA".

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Might be true. We wore them down by making them score all of those TDs against us.

Seriously, can you imagine having to gain 560 yards? In pads??!!

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

"Yeah maybe they're tired.... of beating us mercilessly?!" - Norm McDonald

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If Dykes took Dooley's players and starting winning with them doesn't that speak poorly of dooley? The response should be "yeah and gruden will do a lot better with Dooley's players too." How is it an argument to keep a guy if his replacement is doing far better? Isn't that a sign that Tenn could do far better?

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That's one of the most ridiculous arguments in sports. For example, I love when people say Gruden won with Dungy's team. Guess what? Dungy never won with Dungy's team. It's moronic.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Fans care way too much about wins and loses - Vollygirl

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've been waiting for Tedford to get credit for whatever guy with a pulse replaces him and miraculously starts winning 9 games a season with a team full of nfl players.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He has more top 25 wins this season than Dooley has in his career.

11. Montrell

Montrell New Member

You have to be kidding me. Did that idiot really say that? She gets worse and worse daily. LOL

12. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Giving Dooley any kind of credit for Dykes and La Tech this year is just moronic. It's nothing but the desperate "grasping for straws" type of stuff his supporters have been doing. I put that right up there with those trying to give Dooley credit for "wearing out Georgia" and somehow being responsible for the South Carolina beating they just took.

Dykes has come in there and actually recruited fairly well by "WAC" standards. And most of the players making an impact are guys he recruited. Dooley is recruiting middle to bottom of the pack by SEC standards. The guy is just not going to be able to recruit the talent needed here to win in this league.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's his first since 09 and I'm not thinking that UCLA win is going to go down in history as one for the ages.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The day before that she said that fan expectatons were the problem. I almost wonder if she would be unhappy with a good program.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I looked into LA Tech last year, and went back and looked at the people Dooley recruited while there and who was on the roster/starting. It was like 60% Dykes' players, even last year. The starting quarterback wasn't Dooley's guy. Nor was the starting running back, I don't think.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Terry Bradshaw deserves most of the credit, IMO.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The only sensible way in which to use this argument is when discussing someone's recruiting. Which is why it makes exactly zero sense in the Gruden/Dungy context.

18. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Phil Robertson IMO.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Any chance we can get otis72 over here? That man cracks me up.

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Karl Malone.