Word on the Street is Stokes Will Commit to UT...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Dec 12, 2011.

1. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I still think he's doing everything he can to make people think he's not going to pick Memphis.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As I have said since this started, I'll believe it when he announces Tennessee tomorrow night.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He has certainly behaved in a manner that will make this as bad as possible for UT if he chooses someone else. One does have to wonder if that is at the behest of the Memphis staff.

4. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Think Pastner has it in him to do something like that?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Realistic recruiting information such as in this thread is so much more humane than sunshine-pumping bullshit found on other sites.

6. joevol320

joevol320 New Member

I fear he's not coming. We need one more kick in the crotch before the year ends and this would be the perfect time for it.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

OK, after a message I just got, I feel we're good. Stokes will be a Vol.

8. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Im pretty sure he will not be going to Memphis. Not sure where he ends up though.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

What sort of playing-time situation would Stokes be walking into at Florida? Just curious. At Tennessee, he can see the floor immediately and do whatever he wants offensively.

At Florida, he could enhance a team that could possibly make a decent run in the tournament (depending on match-ups).

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Dan Wolken just said 100% Tennessee

Parrish and Jason Smith (Tigers beat writer) are saying they have heard Tennessee.

11. WM

WM Active Member

Thread should be picking up shortly.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Was reported that he would pray, go to sleep, wake up and announce. He a late sleeper? Or was there a set presser?

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Set presser at 6:30 central. And Dan Wolken has been taking Griff to town this morning on twitter.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Very devout, stayed up too late in prayer. Has led him to sleep in.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can I get a Dan Wolken vs Griff summary?

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Wolken said 100% Vols
    Griff was tweeting about "if he goes Vols" and such
    Wolken told Griff to stop being coy with his readers, it was 100%.
    Griff said something like "thanks Pastner"
    Wolken said he hasn't talked to Pastner in weeks and it was insulting to insinuate he only has one source.
    Griff said something like "okay, maybe it's close to 100%, but with Memphis and Kentucky in the picture, watch out"
    Wolken said that Memphis has been out of it for a month and Kentucky never offered a scholarship.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ha. I feel the same way, I'm not getting my hopes up.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I hope he made Griff appear as stupid as possible.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kentucky doesn't have a scholarship to offer anyway (down the line)... Griff seems to be a bit behind the curve on this. I know that is shocking to some of our posters here. It is Florida and Tennessee, with Arkansas as the dark horse as I understand it.

Had Memphis been able to offer a scholly right away or had any playing time to sell, he'd probably have given them the most consideration.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

A little screen cleaner on your monitor when reading his work will accomplish this.