Word on the Street is Stokes Will Commit to UT...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Dec 12, 2011.

1. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Easterwood can blow me. He's a crooked bastard. Also, the Memphis staff doesn't talk to him. Any info he gets now is second or third hand at best.

2. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

It wasnt as far fetched as you think. Certain ppl sabotaged it really. His teammates from last season does not live in the district and transferred to southwind too. He is playing.

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

As someone that deals with TSSAA rules on a daily basis, I thought it was far fetched. Just did not think that he had a valid reason based on precedent given the rules.

4. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Today?

5. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Should be. Word is that he eliminated Arkansas a few days ago due to inability to play this spring. Im guessing its down to Memphis and UTK at this point but I would never count Caliparis shady ass out.

6. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Apparently he plans to announce on Monday the 26th. I think he has to enroll by tomorrow at Memphis and likely the same for UT. Basically, there is a good chance this story breaks prior to Monday.

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

8. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Per Stokes.

9. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Not sure its a good sign for Memphis that his announcement is in the middle of the Memphis@Georgetown game either.

10. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

what does the staff think?

11. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Still think Stokes is trolling us hard.

Hope he comes here, though.

12. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Needless to say a Stokes commitment right now would be a nice shot in the arm for the program.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Anybody listen to Stokes on the radio this evening? Lot of recruit speak, hasn't made a decision yet, praying about it. Wants a coach he can trust and a team on the rise. Hope people will respect his decision. If he has to leave, hope his hometown will understand that it's a business decision.

It may be reading too much into "team on the rise" that that excludes teams like UConn, Florida, and Kentucky, who have already pretty well risen. Who knows?

14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Haha...his dad, and hour before that interview, told local beat writer that the decision was made

Edit...his dad is now rescinding that statement.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  15. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Parrish updates his earlier story that I linked here and continues to imply Florida is just as much in it as Tennessee...

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Pins and needles for two days. This is a big recruit on the court. But as far as perception goes, this is HUGE. Our biggest recruit in I don't know how long. The basketball program desperately needs something that sends the message (mostly to our own fans) that there's life after Pearl.

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Just to keep this thread up to date now....

Memphis and UK do not have BBall scholarships to give. Since JS took official visits there, he can not play there this season on academic scholarship. Can pay his ownway, but not take institutional money and play.

Gary Parrish of CBS says he believes it was UT, UF, and Memphis....and that Stokes really wants to play immediately, so Memphis may be out...

Out of the 3, UT is the only school not playing during JS announcement, not that is a sure indicator.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He has told people it's Tennessee. Prepare yourself for tomorrow.

20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Was spotted at a local HS game tonight rocking a Memphis hat.....haha...

Parrish seemed to think it was Memphis. It would not shock me if Memphis "found a way" in the next 24 hours. Happened before.