Word on the Street is Stokes Will Commit to UT...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Dec 12, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can't stand Wolken, but I started following him today just to watch him take writer32 to task. It was great.

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

True. But I thoroughly enjoy it anytime Griff can be publicly humiliated.

3. CardinalVol

Here's the conversation for all that don't have twitter -

Mike Griffith @MikeGriffith32 2h Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    IF it is UT, @JarnellStokes could play right away @MikeGriffith32 do you see stokes coming in as a starter as soon as he is cleared to play?

TSSAA rule on transfer slowed @JarnellStokes @MikeGriffith32 was Stokes declared ineligible to play hs bball this season? If so, why?"

Nothing in recruiting ever 100% - be huge for UT @DanWolken: @MikeGriffith32 It's done Mike. 100% to UT. Don't play coy with your readers."

Tony Basilio @TonyBasilio 2h Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Wolken calls the shot? RT @DanWolken @MikeGriffith32 It's done Mike. 100% to Tennessee. Don't play coy with your readers.

More like Pastner @TonyBasilio: Wolken calls the shot? RT @DanWolken @MikeGriffith32 It's done Mike. 100% to Tennessee. Don't play coy

Fair enough Dan, u have solid sources tho @DanWolken: You need to retract Tweet Mike. I haven't communicated with Pastner in twi weeks."

Fyi others said Pastner put it out @DanWolken: You need to retract that Mike. I haven't communicated with Pastner in two weeks.

Tony Basilio @TonyBasilio 2h Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Twitter battle RT @MikeGriffith32 @DanWolken: You need to retract that Mike. I haven't communicated with Pastner in two weeks.

Dan Wolken @DanWolken 2h Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    @TonyBasilio It's not a battle. He made an assumption that was inaccurate.

Mike Griffith @MikeGriffith32 1h Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    @TonyBasilio @DanWolken nothing like the beefs dan and I used to have - Dan's plugged in Memphis and Pastner has told others Stokes to UT

Wasnt meant as an insult! Josh is a good guy - shoots straight @DanWolken: @MikeGriffith32 Wouldn't know. Haven't talked to him."

Tony Basilio @TonyBasilio 1h Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Nothin' but luv 4 u! Griff needs 2 do the same. RT @DanWolken It's not a battle. He made an assumption that was inaccurate.

No I was saying I thought JP had it first...u inferred @DanWolken: @MikeGriffith32 Assuming I get info from just one person is insulting."

Tony you are all in! @TonyBasilio: RT @DanWolken Assuming I get info from just one person is insulting."

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

We shold have a Griff journalism award every year.

5. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

6. CardinalVol

We should get him over here to post like he used to on VN. Would be fun.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

All fan bases are basically the same.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Reading that makes me realize how much I [uck fay]ing hate Twitter.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Is it just me or does this stupid twitter spat -- from beat writers at respected newspapers no less -- a symptom of the end of sports journalism as we know it?

10. CardinalVol

Possibly, but not definite IMO.

From the folks I follow (mainly Knoxville/Memphis/St. Louis/national guys) Griff is hands down the worst at doing stuff like this. No one else is even close. Many may show their inflated egos a lot (Joe Strauss of St Louis PD), but hardly any are as ridiculous about starting these stupid spats as Griff is. Don't forget he's already been called to task by national guys on his radio show for running his mouth before.

I truthfully do not see why the KNS still employs him.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Sucks a mean one is the word on the street.

12. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Twitter is crack for a sports fan.

13. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Doesnt shock me that some Memphis fans are idiots. Every fanbase has its share.

Also, the way Jarnell toyed with peoples emotions along the way is going to cause a lot more backlash.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Very true. Wait and see how our fanbase melts down if he somehow signs with someone else.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If he chooses somewhere else, he's been straight up trolling us. I'd say that's a case that deserves our ire. I feel differently towards guys like Autry than I do guys like Humphries.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

At the end of the day, there is no reason to rant and rave about it. So they're an ass. No individual is bigger than a program.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Fair enough. But it does provide a ready-made villain for whenever we play the team they choose.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i have no idea what is going on here, and i spend a lot time on twitter.

so, is this kid [uck fay]ing coming or what?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't have a problem with the "pump my gas" chant a few years back. It was humorous, and I think tongue-in-cheek due to the kid making that up.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Speculation, smoke signals, and tea leaves say yes. We'll actually know in one more hour.