Worley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Jul 13, 2014.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Have we ever had a qb that didn't really impress at some summer camp while putting on 53 lbs of lean muscle mass and dropping a second from his 40 time?

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The assessment of Worley can be reduced to a single statement, and this is it.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Is he the spokesperson for Dynabol???

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We were producing pretty decent with him at the helm. He'll never be an all-American, but it seemed to work with him.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If you think he's beating anyone w/o North last year you're huffing 93.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ainge

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Pretty decent implies he did more than have a freshman WR pull his ass outta the fire more times than not, which isn't the case.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He also didn't have a viable option other than that freshman WR and Pig, who was hurt off and on, to be honest.

Smith couldn't catch and Croom played tentatively.

He's got two legit TE's that will work the middle of the field now. I think that will make both Dobbs and Worley look a lot better, plus Malone on the other side of North. Pig gets in shape and keeps his head out of his ass, he'll be fine. Croom got better as the year went on and if Pearson can step in, there's 4 legit WRs with Malone hopefully being the 5th (and by all accounts, he's been the 2nd best WR since the spring).

I don't expect great things from Worley, but if he can dink and dunk, North, Pig, Malone and Pearson can make guys miss. Croom is a big body that can hopefully be the possession guy they want.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

With all of that being said, Worley was bad last season. I don't expect him to make great improvements with his arm strength or accuracy. I do think, heading into year two in this offense, he'll get the ball out quicker because he's got a lot more targets than last season. He may read defenses quicker, but I'm not holding my breath.

The best thing for Worley is 3 steps the ball is here or there, much like the 07 offense Ainge ran. I don't know what we'll see out of Bajakian but he did not play to either Dobbs' or Worley's strengths last season.

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

At what point do we stop making excuses for a guy that drags down good players and makes bad players worse. I don't want the ppl we're bringing in to have to adjust their game for him.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

When we have a QB that gives us a better chance to win.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Which I would be fine with except it compromises your big ability guys in North and Malone.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If 6 is his ceiling, a converted back gives you a better chance.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think accuracy will be better. It's his strength. He was missing guys from being a step slow in all reads and having to think too hard through the play to find the guy.

I have no idea where Dobbs might be, but he has more upside than Worley still.

15. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

If he can sling it, then yeah. Regardless of Dobbs level of progression it's hard for me to imagine how with another offseason under his belt he won't be the better QB.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

And he gives you a better chance at scoring points from day 1. Regardless of what the Worley apologists say.

17. CardinalVol

Because he showed that over and over last year when he was on the field.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't think we'll even remotely consider playing Worley if he isn't clearly the better player this fall. He's already been benched, so that hurdle is cleared. If Dobbs gives us a better chance of winning, he'll be playing.

Either way, I think the run no-option is our offense and it won't matter who's QBing if we can't run it better.

Beauty is that we can now break off some big runs and bring in a stable of runners who can flat out play. We haven't had that in years.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Don't let the competition, lack of north, and busted hand cloud your judgement. God knows Dobbs could have benefited from taking snaps against USA, AP, and WKU.

20. CardinalVol

I think Dobbs will eventually win out and be your starter against USU. That my guess. I'm also not sold on him being a savior either. He's way too robotic out there. Just my observation.