Worst staff in America

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by emainvol, Nov 9, 2013.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I've been replaced.

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Stay outta this, hussie

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Who's giving him a pass other than Eric?

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Some guy was talking about Dooley and losing still having an affect on the team.

5. GahLee

I think that has something to do with it but that doesn't equate to a pass. Neither coordinator has shown much of anything this year.

6. GahLee

While this is true, there is no denying that it's significantly harder to win SEC football than it is to win SEC basketball and getting a handful or so players to buy in as opposed to almost an entire football team.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh they have shown something, that they shouldn't be employed at a big time program

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

His ratio just squashed this.

9. GahLee

Perhaps.

They're handcuffed by the roster, I don't know how much that has to do with it, maybe none at all because we all see the same mental lapses, poor technique, game in and game out. Is that because some of these players are uncoachable? Have they been a victim of circumstance and are unable to undo their bad habits? Do they just flat out lack the talent? Or do the current coaches suck?

Maybe a little of all the above.

10. GahLee

No it didn't. Just because there are more coaches doesn't mean that it's any easier to convert a rag tag bunch of losers into a legit SEC team. Hard to undo three years of really bad coaching over night.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I know that the score and incredibly poor coaching is why we're mad, but I'm curious what everyone's expectations were for this game. Since I go to Auburn I may have an inflated view of how good they are. With that being said the outcome didn't surprise me at all. Auburn is more talented with way more team speed and athleticism and a superior coaching staff.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

To play hard at home and make somewhat of an attempt to stop the run.

We got neither.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Gotcha, a lot of UT fans I talked to truly thought UT would win, although those people were mostly (if not all) less pragmatic than those of the 8th. I was surprised UT didn't play harder, but I just didn't think UT could stop the run no matter what, and that if they did what was necessary to stop it they would get burnt over the top. I mean AU would run the read option, the DE responsible for Marshall stays at home and Marshall just runs around him anyway.

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Good questions

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to give the defensive staff, but the linebackers are slow. Replace them with linebackers who aren't slow, and it changes everything.

BTW, have we recruited any linebackers who aren't slow?

16. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I thought we had zero chance of winning, and I thought we would lose by three scores. Granted, I'm extremely bearish on this team, but that might mean I have them judged correctly.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Reeves Maybin is the only one on the roster right now.

Bates, Berry and maybe Todd Kelly Jr are going to be olb's here

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

When did he get a second ring?

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Never!

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

He stole one of Bama's 27 mythical championship rings.