Yes or No.... Does Dooley get it done at UT?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Feb 11, 2012.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What makes you say this? The only way I can understand this is if he hits the jackpot and goes 14-0 this year.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I think this season is our last chance to have a bad year. After this I expect the team to be winning 9-10 games on a consistent basis. If he can get past this year, he will definitely become the beneficiary of the roster he has put together. Just my opinion of course.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If we win 9+ games in both 2012 and 2013, I see Dooley being here for quite a while. But if we're good enough in 2012 to have key offensive players jumping to the NFL, a 2013 slate including trips to the Swamp, Autzen, and Bryant-Denny may be a recipe for disaster.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Haven't really looked at the 2013 schedule, but we have a pretty good chance of not having Bray, Hunter, Rogers, Patterson, or Rivera. The OL and defense should be super seasoned, though.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I honestly believe Worley or someone else will do just fine at QB if they have an experienced O-line and a running game.

Haha, ya I said running game.

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

My point exactly. Anytime your line and defense is good, you have a chance to be successful. IMO, there is no chance that all 5 of them leave at the same time.

7. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

A losing record in 4 of 5 seasons with a single conference win in year five as a head coach gives me no reason to be optimistic.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think next year is about as good as it will get with Dooley. Either he proves us wrong and wins (and by wins, I don't mean goes 9-3), he fails and is fired, or he does enough to keep himself for another year or two, but not doing much other than delaying his termination.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Rivera graduates. Hunter could leave before worrying about another huge injury. Rogers and Bray may not have a lot of choice. The buzz about Patterson is that he is already NFL ready and apparently he has been told that. I have my doubts, but it isn't inconceivable that he leaves.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Sorry, carry on.

11. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I have a former player that is employed by the Athletic Dept in the form of a coach. I talk to him on a regular basis. So I know a lot of things that others don't really know. One thing that I can say is there was a reason for this coaching turn over that everyone was freaking out about. It was for the good. Too much turmoil in the old staff. I guess the best way to put it is simply, Too many chiefs and not enough indians!

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I hope you're right, but what brought the turmoil? The guys that were causing the problems, were guys that Dooley brought in himself.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Indians didn't think the Chief knew what he was doing

14. Oldvol75

Believe about 50% of what you hear on the internet. Not everything was as it appeared.

And in the words of a Lynyrd Skynyrd song,"Theres things going on that you don't know!" or something like that!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  15. Oldvol75

Sometimes extra chiefs want to run things their way. J/S

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I hope this is all true, but the people in the AD may have no choice but to voice "all in" opinions on Dooley. I hope its good info. I, personally, do not wanna go through another coaching change for a long long time.

You can look at this in several different ways and people will always believe whatever they wanna believe. A tool like Clay Travis will not even entertain the idea that Dooley could perhaps be successful.

My question for you now OldVol is this, Has Dooley been given a win total/performance/improvement bar that he must reach to be retained? Has your guy said anything about that to you?

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is pretty much exactly where i am.

18. Oldvol75

Hasn't said anything about anything like that!

19. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Yes.

Qualifier - should have been gone after UK. Since he wasn't let go he has been allowed to hire a good staff. Some of these guys would not have come had they not been told that Dools had at least a couple more years barring another losing season this year.

Not because I want him to be here. I don't believe he is "the" guy at this point.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sounds like a no to me then. The question was does Dooley get it done. I would assume this means SEC title at minimum.