Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

"..part of the reason".
    You added "consequences alone.." yourself.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I added my whole post all by myself.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm OK with restoring the right to vote after the sentence is completed, its the while incarcerated part that I disagree with.

NorrisAlan and Volst53 like this.
  4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

It works for most people.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

WTF was this dude thinking; 15 minutes of fame, viral video, etc. He should have been shot for stupidity.

Man in body armor and armed with rifle sparks panic at Missouri Walmart

The man in his 20s was reportedly walking around armed and recording video. Though there was no shooting, it caused a panic days after two mass shootings.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-rifle-sparks-panic-missouri-walmart-n1040676

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

With rights come a crap ton of responsibility. This guy has none.

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

The day before school started here one of the local high schools were having a simulated active shooter drill for the teachers/administration. Apparently the local law enforcement was not notified of this drill. A LEO friend in the department told me that they were dangerously close to making a horrible mistake when one of the staff burst through the doors to try and alert the officers on the scene that it was, in fact, just a drill.

I can't imagine what would make someone scare the [uck fay] out of an entire Wal-Mart just to see what the reaction would be.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think, in his mind, he was asserting his 2nd Amendment rights because he felt they were threatened.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just because you "can" do something doesn't mean you "should".

Stupid people are the ones who cost everyone else stuff. It's probably the same kid that thought he was awesome when he cost his class recess in 2nd grade because he wanted to act up.

justingroves, NorrisAlan and kmf600 like this.
  10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

There are videos on YouTube with people doing the same shit. The police show up and the people say they're there doing 2nd amendment experiments. That shit isn't cool.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's like that dumbass Ohio girl that carries an AR around and interviews random people

kmf600 likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

she wants negative attention so bad. she shows up places with her AR-15 and a microphone, trying to get the nutty reactions. and thinks that's journalism. it's sad.

justingroves likes this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

She's had one jackass respond, the rest just kind of look at her like "what the hell"

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Walmart is private property. So they get to set the rules on if he can be armed on their property or not, I don't think he has much to stand on as a defense.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

probably thought he was being a good guy with a gun

VolDad likes this.
  16. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I'm not a lawyer, but I want to say I've read that it's 100% legal to be open carry as long as it's not in a threatening manner (round chambered and in firing position, etc) so long as the private institution doesn't have a "gun free zone" posted, it bounces to the state laws.

There are a lot of pictures of people open carrying in Starbucks/etc. It's not uncommon and they're mostly sovereign citizen types and are protected by state law. Some states require you to be a CCW holder but some don't.

But the optics here should be enough to get this kid prosecuted, IMO. He shows up dressed almost identically to the Wal-Mart shooter (black shirt, chest rig, khaki pants) at a Wal-Mart almost immediately after. He did it to elicit reactions and is damned lucky that firefighter didn't drop him.

Again, not a lawyer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go after him for menacing.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I see it as yelling “Fire!” in a crowded theatre.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He was stopped by a good guy with a gun.

Andreychenko was arrested after he was stopped by an armed off-duty firefighter, Springfield police said.

justingroves, IP and Indy like this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wonder how this thing plays out if the firefighter drops him.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Detaining someone, while not in an official capacity, is called "kidnapping."