Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

"AR's" though I guess I am conceptualizing that to be semiautomatic rifles. Single shot, bolt action, lever action, and pump action would remain unchanged.

If an 18 year old has a family member who let's them shoot one, this is not a problem. A guy buying them on his own at 18 seems to have no upside. Join a range club and you could shoot one. Get one at 21. Or enlist.

We have no shortage of guns.

Surely the words "well regulated militia" mean something.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I don't think moving to 21 is going to really make a difference. But, it might, so, why not.

3. fl0at_

Not much to think on, judiciary has already ruled that police have no duty to protect the public from harm.

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Protect and Serve (the interests and wants of the wealthy and powerful)

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're asking for the feds.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So the story I see is that the guy in Tulsa apparently was mad that his doctor couldn’t or wouldn’t help his back pain fast enough, so he went and bought an AR15 and was using it that same day, only a few hours later.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jesus.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pretty much at the point where I want

7 day minimum waiting period/background check on all "non assault" gun (please don't argue over this, you know what I mean) with some minimum safety class required

28 say waiting period on "assault" with way more stringent safety class

Red flag laws

Lay the hammer down on parents/others who don't maintain gun responsibility at home and allow them to be access by someone who commits a crime.

14. CardinalVol

We've also got to address that guns do require someone to pull the trigger, and there are apparently lots of people with issues. I don't view this as one or the other, but at both.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think if you’re on psych drugs you should have to get a doctor/therapist to sign off on your mental well being before buying a gun.

gcbvol likes this.
  16. fl0at_

I don't think you'll find this works, because the judiciary is going to say that the definition of what is an "assault" weapon is arbitrary. It becomes an "I know it when I see it" thing, rather than an actual definition that people can follow.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I agree that guns do require a person to pull the trigger, and that they don’t shoot themselves, but again, we are not an outlier as a country when it comes to mental health. We are however an outlier on gun violence.

18. CardinalVol

Ok?

I'm saying we need to not just focus on one area and focus on both. There's no need to choose one or the other.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Ok?

I’m saying mental health is a lazy excuse for gun violence.

VolDad likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

It's also part of the equation, whether you like it or not.