You are all rednecks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Equine Ducklings, Nov 17, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, now I am curious though. Was this line of conversation purely about grammar or do you see something derogatory/emasculating in using "they," or do you see it as some cultural statement to use "they?" Just trying to understand.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

How this didn't end up on To Catch a Predator is beyond me. Missed opportunity for that show.

justingroves, VolDad and IP like this.
  3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Jesus, Indy.

4. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

What do you people have against Alex Morgan’s ass? It’s the finest ass. But instead you’d rather look at a mugshot of some dude.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You previously stated how unimportant this stuff is to you. It's not important to me either. I have no idea why we are still talking about it.

I found it odd that you used the pronoun "they" when talking about someone we all know is a "he." It made me question whether Sab had actually changed his pronouns, so I asked.

You then pretended not to know the gender of the person we were all talking to/about, which led us down the grammatical path.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is any of this information new to you? You've been at the forefront of all information and misinformation about this event for as long as I can remember.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That right there is how you get Dahmer’d. Chinese food and sit in a tinted window charger drinking brewskies with someone you just met on the internet

Volokie, SetVol13, Memtownvol and 4 others like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not pretending, I don't know them. It seems you just don't know that "they/them" can apply to an individual. Okay. https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/grammar/singular-they

https://www.thesaurus.com/e/grammar/they-is-a-singular-pronoun/

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate his yum yum sauce?

dknash and The Dooz like this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A group of people, including Sab and me, had been posting in the endzone for years. Us meeting up was similar to if I was in Memphis and you and I decided to grab a bite to eat. Only differences were the people who posted together in the endzone actually liked each other, and, admittedly, I was only 18 at the time.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

12. Ssmiff

I was in the end zone and met up with a few guys to drink and golf one day but I knew them from Facebook first. Met up at another tailgate as well. About 15 showed up. Sab was not around or invited to either one.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which says it isn't wrong, too. So what was the problem?

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Okay. Do you need me to walk you through how you could have been posting in the end zone at a different time period than when Sab and I were posting in the end zone?

It sounds like you and your end zone group had similar ideas about getting together to meet in person as our end zone group had. Multiple other people expressed a desire to join Sab and me that day, but it wasn't possible because they didn't live in or around Nashville.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Eh, not exactly, but again, we've established that neither of us cares about this. So why the discussion?

16. Ssmiff

no, I don’t, which is why i said sab wasn’t around or invited if he was.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What was the point of expressing that Sab was not around or invited, then?

The post read as if you were questioning my statement about how this meet up came about.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

there is a lot of irony in this exchange right along side our exchange here.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Go on

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's it.

InVolNerable likes this.