You have to pull Worley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Worley looked lost at times today, but seeing Croom drop that possible TD pass was bad in its own right.

No matter who the QB is, getting both the QB and WR's on the same page doesn't seem to be happening right now, regardless of who is under center.

IF Worley is the best we have on this team to be the QB this season, we might win 2 SEC games.

2. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

yes. I don't think you throw in a new guy and pull Worley off the bench when it goes bad, which it will at Oregon. And Worley would come in, hypothetically, if Peterman were to start and struggle. We are going to get blown out next week and I expect to see 2, or even 3, qb's, so hopefully it'll work itself out before the SEC run. Start Worley, see what happens, and have plans b and c ready.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

For me, it's disappointing that a guy like Peterman wasn't/hasn't been able to take advantage of what is an obvious opportunity, even if it's just until one of the true freshmen overcome him.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Peterman just seems next level terrible. I don't like even seeing him get junk snaps.

5. limpleg

the only glimmer of hope I have is that dooley and chaney effed him up so much and this offense is totally different, that its just been too much and he can settle in, come in and show us something soon. Our read option is nothing with Worley back there. If Peterman is there, it will open up the keeper and it will open up the handoff because that DE won't be able to crash in each time.

6. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

I knew we'd miss his talent on the field and I lamented on whether I wanted him in the locker room but....damn.

This team is SIGNIFICANTLY better with Bray under center. I know, water is wet, the sky is blue....

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Pass probably startled him because it got to him.

VolinAsheville likes this.
  8. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Very true OV, very true.

9. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Lulz

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I love how the prevailing opinion is that one or both of the freshman have to be redshirted, like it's a rule or something.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If he saw the field after that play, I missed it.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

What are you basing that off of? His series's last week when AP's defenders were getting in his face?

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't think he looked particularly good in the scrimmage, either. He's also experienced enough to not really have any excuse for not beating out Worley.

14. limpleg

i'd love to have this Michigan qb. Can move and has made some great throws

15. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I was just watching this game thinking the same thing. Rocket/Laser arm, and can move. How can The University of Tennessee not have a better QB on the roster than our current options ?

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

#ddiapos

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Correct explanation.

18. limpleg

and I jinxed him

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Shades of Ainge.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

In fairness, we haven't seen two of the current options.