You have to pull Worley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Of course they did. That changes nothing. It's ridiculous to think otherwise.

2. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

huh?

3. JohnnyQuickkick

Droski, it took 2 guys getting hurt before the one of the 2 best QBs of this generation started as a freshman.

4. limpleg

Croom, Ferg and Dobbs have already been brought up as being written off by some or in the case of the 2 qb's, assumed horrible as true freshmen because they aren't starting over Worley. That's why you keep posting your point. People, for whatever reason, don't get it.
    Butch does.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Saying Butch gets it is circular. If he started a guard at QB, someone, somewhere, would defend him. And they would use that same logic as justification.

This is the same core problem, but not as obvious. So you have to apply a different defense, which is the reason for disagreement.

The Butch gets it defense is just too simplistic.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I would not defend him.

Unless, of course, he had really good hands and could gain 5-7 yards per carry, and we only let him run the ball. In that case, I would defend him. WHY IS BULLARD OR FULTON NOT OUR STARTING QB???????????????????????

7. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

This, right here. I was sitting in the opposite end zone, and my daughter saw the safety roll over to defend. She looked at me and said "That was a terrible throw. Our QB sucks." She's 15, and been following football for about 2 years. If she sees it, surely to God the coaches see it. To say we stand a chance to win in the SEC with him at the helm is like saying we stand a chance to beat Oregon Saturday. Not gonna happen. Every deep ball he has thrown so far would be a pick in an SEC game, and the Oregon game. I don't think he manages the game well, either.

I agree on the point about the freshman QB's not starting or playing doesn't make them worse than Worley, but damn. It is a lack of arm strength, and if we can't throw deep without putting up a Skittles rainbow, then we are screwed for the rest of the season with Worley. Put a freshman in and see what happens. That's where I'm at.

8. limpleg

The Butch gets it was a joke, a play on words even. For the rest, not really. I know what he's doing and like the plan. Some don't like it. Some don't understand all involved with football and school for a freshman qb and are unable to have an informed opinion. I also know he has leaned on some team captains as well for a feel of the locker room and it's best for all parties to do exactly what he is doing. That's for now. We'll see over the next 3 weeks.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

brain fart. meant spring camp

10. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

That's where you are until he plays that freshman and we lose a game due to that freshman's mistakes. Then you will scream for Jones' head.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

And then you'll take up juggling and join a travelling gypsy circus, eventually falling in love with a tarot card reader named Helga.

Oh sorry, thought we were just making up baseless claims about people's future actions.

12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

No way the defense ever puts the UT qb in a position to lose a game.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would be perfectly content, after seeing what Worley is, watching a freshman QB make freshman QB mistakes this season.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Only Peterman. On him, sure. If was was any count he'd have beaten out Worley.

15. limpleg

The baseless claims comment is kindof akin to guranteeing the hypothetical future success of a kiffin coached tn team.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

I think it just depends. I have no idea how capable they are of running the bare minimum of the offense.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Also I've heard a few times that their bodies just aren't ready, like they're 175 lbs soaking wet, that sort of thing.

18. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Wait a minute, the oline should be able to protect the soaked and wet, right?

19. limpleg

Ferguson is Bray minus the height and the head issues. He can sling it and is a rail

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Worley can't throw a football accurately 10 yards past the line of scrimmage.