You know what? [uck fay] Vandy.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, those pillow biters have finally pissed me off. Living in Nashville, the one recourse I could take was that the pecking order was firmly entrenched and the lovable Vandy fans could prattle on about how smart they were, their hatred of UT or mumble about finally winning one, but, in the end, knew they were our [itch bay]. It was cute and so hard to hate them, though. I even rooted for them, it was simply the decent thing to do, in all honesty. Actively hating them was sort of like hating the angry special ed kid who lashed out at the world for his condition, just mean and petty. I think I even received a merit badge for it when I was a kid, making up for my epic errant archery fiasco.

Unfortunately, it's bad enough I have to live in this town and listen to the 100,000 Alabama bandwagoners or fans of some shitty, worthless, mind-numbingly boring local NFL team that will split once they start losing regularly again as they did to the last suckers they lived nearby. No, now I have to deal with the obnoxious and now confident Vandy fans that their below .500 team fresh off an earth shattering victory, their most impressive win to date, over a juggernaut Kentucky team, will roll into Neyland to destroy the Vols. This on top of every radio show here having the James Franklin Fellatio Hour somewhere in their schedule to replace their breathtaking 5 hour discussions of the back-up TE for the Titans. Nothing is more riveting than sports radio shows with Vandy fans expressing decades-long pent up excitement for a series of almost wins against teams that could give a shit about playing them followed by their "media savvy" head coach calling the fawning radio hosts like a middle child in need of attention. It's almost unbearable.

And, the worst part of it all being that I can't actively dismiss them without fear of blowback come Saturday. What is the world coming to that I am stuck in the epitome of a mediocre cosmopolitan city while subjected to the condescension of junior high level program, then have that gnawing sensation in my head that they may be right about the fate of the game this weekend? The horror, really. I can hear Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now running amongst these panicked thoughts. Dooley better bring the thunder Saturday because I may be forced to knife one of those smug pricks on Monday.

So, to all that, I say [uck fay] you Vandy. Here's to me reviving the old Will Ferrell SNL dog training skit come Monday by noting to these uppity folk to, "Just remember, you're [uck fay]ing Vandy."

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Your best post to date

3. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

well said. [uck fay] vandy.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They are douches. I almost hope we reverse our usual gameplan to struggle the first half and then do well the second half, coming back to win in order to get their hopes up and then smash them.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've had this discussion before. Is it better to just blow them out of the water or let them hang around and think they have a chance before bending them over in the 4th quarter?

Either way, it's funny to watch the Vandy fans whine.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I grew up just south of nashville so I know exactly what you're talking about when you say, "Actively hating them was sort of like hating the angry special ed kid who lashed out at the world for his condition, just mean and petty."

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was at a Vandy-UT home game a few years ago. They got all fired up when they showed some a clip from several years ago of a Vandy returner taking a punt to the house. They neglected to mention the final score of that game was something like 59-7, not in Vandy's favor.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

You guys are starting to hurt my feelings a little.

9. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Where have I heard that before? Doesn't matter, it is worth repeating.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That, my friend, was one hell of a quality rant.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is a bartender out here who is from Nashville and a Vandy fan. He went to Notre Dame, and cheers for them too. When he brags about the superior academics of Vandy and Notre Dame, I point out that in less than two years I'll be Doctor IPorange, and he'll still be a bartender. Gonna need to get a spit scooper for my drinks.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

It would be fun to rip their heart out in my opinion. But the more I think about it, I think it would funny if we just opened a can of whoop ass on them. It would surely curb a lot of the James Franklin chest thumping.

Speaking of, how about Franklin convincing a kid who is redshirting at a D2 college in Arkansas (from Memphis) to transfer at semester to Vandy just to get a leg up on recruiting his brother, a top RB prospect, for next year.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Annihilate them in Knoxville, break their hearts in Nashville. That's how I like to see things get done.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm for the utter beatdown, regardless of zip code.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If ever there was a time for CDD to drop the orange pants and slide his perfectly quaffed sack across the collective psyches of an entire fan base, it's this week.

If he doesn't choke these mfers out, you might hear the whirling of westward bound chopper blades heading out of Jasper, TN within 12 hours of the final horn sounding.

A chance, however slight, but it exists.

I'd put it at:
    Lose to Vandy, Beat KY = 1% chance
    Lose to both = 30% chance this year, and barring 10+ W's next season, it's 90% or more to be the last.

16. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

UK couldn't beat UT with Nash Nance starting. They are atrocious.

17. cotton

You have to wonder, with a team that is already showing signs of internal turmoil, if losing to Vandy and guaranteeing they will be home for the holidays might just cause a Peach Bowl style laydown, while Kentucky can salvage an awful season by breaking the streak.

18. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

It would take everybody laying down. We are talking a 3-0 ballgame here. UK is about two players better than Montana.

19. cotton

Yes. A Wyoming laydown.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes, such a collapse would be the cue that Dooley has lost all the players and should be shown the door yesterday. Would take a performance that would make Phil proud.