Your Lady Vols/Baylor She-Men Game Thread

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Mar 26, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Mainly because I am at work for a while longer and need something to pass the time.

Griner scares me. She's more of a man than RG3 is.

2. CardinalVol

Pregame Summit looked awful. And suddenly she's got "the look" on her face.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Off to a good start! lol the game plan needs to be to get Griner in foul trouble.

4. CardinalVol

Need to run pick and rolls on her all night long. Beat the hell out of her and see how quick she is.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Am i the only one who thinks she fouls nearly every possession on both sides of the ball?

6. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

After what the Baylor bench did, I'm hoping that Johnson comes back in the game and lands a Watson-Noah connection.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Lady Vols would be up 15+ if they had Stillman White.

8. CardinalVol

If the lv were a men's team, all die hard lv fans would call their style of offense street ball and would say thats why they prefer womens ball.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Apparently there was a controversy at the end of the game. I didn't see it but saw some tweets about it. Some Baylor players came off the bench which should result in a suspension, but they didn't do anything about it.

10. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

Switched back over in time to see the scuffle at the end. When the ref was explaining the technicals to the coaches, she wasn't even talking to Summitt at all. She was right there but the ref was just talking straight to Warlick.

I'm a terrible LVs fan (because the women's game is excruciating), but what's happening to Pat Summitt is more heartbreaking than the entire last decade of football put together. If God had come down and offered me a deal that she could have gone out with one more championship but that football would suck for 10 more years, I think I might have taken it.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The "fight" at the end wasn't really anything to get worked up about. Really just about ten seconds of yelling.

Watching the Lady Vols go down hard while Pat played the role of somewhat concerned bystander was the hard part.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That was tough to watch....for several reasons.

13. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

If even the refs aren't treating you like you're still the coach, even in garbage time, then it's time to go. Sucks.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't understand how she can still be considered the head coach? She's like a Joe Pa figure (at the end of his career), right?

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

LV bball fans are generally insufferable I've found. Almost all of them openly detest the men's program. That said I wish Pat the best.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Absolutely hate seeing Pat go out this way.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What are the criteria for being a Lady Vols fan? I mean, I root for all Tennessee athletics. I don't take a deep interest in or watch much of any other than men's bball and football, so does that mean I'm not a true Lady Vols fan?

18. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

I'm not really a fan of the Lady Vols either except theoretically, in an "I'd watch two cockroaches fight if you painted one of them orange" sort of way. But I'm a fan of Pat Summitt and the way she's represented my alma mater. It's devastating.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was a mistake to have her by the court this whole season.

20. CardinalVol

A few examples of LV fans

1. Legitimately think the women's team can beat the men's team.
    2. Continually trash the men's game as being streetball, thug ball, or n-word ball.
    3. Think you could give Summit a bad OVC team and she could win the men's title with it.
    4. Are named Mickey Dearstone.