Your Lady Vols/Baylor She-Men Game Thread

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Mar 26, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So is Nikki Caldwell good enough/experienced enough to be the next coach should Pat retire? Or will we just officially make Warlick the HC?

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Growing up in the Tri Cities I never knew any of this and sort of half-way cared for the LVs and rooted them on. When I moved to Knoxville I found all of these things to be true, sadly.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Fixed.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Who was that one PG we had maybe four years ago that was like 4'10"? She was about the only LV I can really recall being able to ball handle like a man (feel free to make joke).

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The girl from Heritage High School? I think she is a rapper now. Not joking.

Edit: Cait McMahan?

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm pretty much the same other than the Tri-Cities. My sophomore year in college I made a comment that they looked awful against UConn and that Geno outcoached Pat. I was promptly berated by everyone in earshot. It was pretty much at that point in time I quit caring about them. It only got worse because that was about the time ESPN really began their push trying to make the men and women's game equals, and of course, LV fans ate it up and only encouraged it.

There is no more self-righteous person alive that the die-hard Lady Vol fan. I cannot stand them.

7. CardinalVol

If Warlick is the HC, I will refer to her as Guthridge from day #1.

8. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

They'll take the path of easiest transition, which will be to promote Warlick and keep Pat around in some sort of nebulous spiritual role as long as she can/wants. The staff will stay together. Etc.

Under normal circumstances, I'd want to see Dave Hart stand up there, talk about how great Pat is for 20 minutes, and then announce that they're going to conduct a nationwide search to find the best coach possible and that all options are on the table. I would love what that kind of ruthlessness would imply about how he'll run our football and men's basketball programs. But this situation is such a gut punch that I think you absolutely have to let Pat handpick her own successor out of all her assistants. Letting her go out that way is the least they can do.

9. CardinalVol

Will Hart or Cronin make this call?

That said, I agree with all you said. Only thing is if I am saying I'm the predominant power in women's bball I'm going to go get a proven coach who has a relationship with Pat that wouldn't mind her still being around the program in some type of emeritus role.

That's why my first call is to Kim Mulkey.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'm calling Lexington.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That's been my thought as well.