Your World Series Game 7 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Oct 28, 2011.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I was thinking this morning that the only thing that pacifies the hatred I have for Tony LaRussa winning a title again, is the fact Stan Musial got to witness the team he loved win another title. That, to me, trumps anything I feel for LaRussa.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Very classless move by Torre. Lee Mazzilli had a big part in that debacle, too. But merely even suggesting it is a horseshit move. Carrying it out is next level shit.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Woke up this morning just as happy as when I went to bed.

06 was different. That was more of a "finally" since it had been so long (shut it Red Sox fans). This is just enjoyable and insane. What a run. Never should they have done this. I wrote them off, everyone wrote them off. When TLR was upset they lost to the Reds on Labor Day because it was messing up what they were trying to do, I laughed. Then they started winning....a lot. Then they swept the Braves in mid-September. Then they managed to trump the Braves, which was oh so sweet for this East Tennessean. Then Carp's gem in game 5 against Halladay. Then they shut up the Brewers. Then Pujols' show. Then a rainout. Then game 6. Heck, last night when they won I wasn't cheering, I was sitting there laughing at the absurdity of this, because there is no better word to describe it.

That's why I love baseball gentlemen. The one month from Sept 28 to Oct 28 cannot be matched in my book, ever. It was that special.

Wow.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

[uck fay] baseball. this was the worst season in recent memory.