11 Dallas Cops shot at protest

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Beechervol, Jul 7, 2016.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Time flies, that was like 25 years ago.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not really. But even if it explicitly said such, there are still levels of force. This is way up there on the scale.

It isn't "gas a whole theater of people" up there, like the Russians. But is above the use of a tactical team to bring a suspect down. It's above use of concussion grenades to disorient.

This is use of a lethal bomb, even a small one, to end a standoff. That's up there in terms of "force."

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Float, you should be a cop.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'd say it was just the right amount of force.

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Saw this quote from the police chief in a CNN article.

6. fl0at_

I've kicked myself many times for not doing the whole reserve officer thing when I got out of the military.

But they only do that down here once a year, and the classes kept filling up. So I missed out. Got fat, married, and kid'd up. Doubt I'd be able to qualify now, and it would still be two years before I could get into a class.

So I missed out. And I suck for that, and it's on me.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

not sure there are levels of "lethal force" as it pertains to one person. Lethal is lethal, be it a gun, an Avenger, an X-man or the flying spaghetti monster.

8. fl0at_

I think there are, in its application. Simply because the use of lethal force has been allowed, doesn't mean it will be necessary.

But sure, once the person has been condemned, firing squad vs beheading isn't really different, outcome wise, unless applying our concept of "cruel and unusual."

Bomb definitely qualifies as unusual. Not sure about cruel, depending on its level of sophistication.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You must really hate black people.

10. fl0at_

I think the requirements are only like one weekend a month. I'd guess I'd have to find a way to turn the hate on and off, in between duty.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

The families of the people shot by police in Baton Rouge and Minnesota would argue we're already there.

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

They are mostly all biased. It's just which side you want to hear.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I used twitter posts and facebook posts as examples of what various groups thought, would you take that as real evidence of something?

18. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Dallas Police feeling the Love.

[video=youtube;mSPiC33XFsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSPiC33XFsw[/video]

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Id go with this if there was no negotiation and it was a fact he was no longer a threat to the public or the cops. But to my knowledge that is not how it happened. Unless some other facts have been released that I have yet to read.