11 Dallas Cops shot at protest

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Beechervol, Jul 7, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I laughed.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Cool! I'll take a Jenneau 64 in lieu of the $1m and sail on outta here.... With a boat like that I'll have no trouble finding a smoking hot accomplice...

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I haven't either. I'm waiting until they connect the dots between these guys and the people who organized the march.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Hrm. Not a tactic I'm a fan of, but... ok.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

ehhhh. straight out lethal bomb? If true, I am really not a fan of that. This is not a war zone against enemy combatants. What next? Cops carrying shrapnel grenades?

6. Savage Orange

Don't shoot cops and they won't have to blow your ass up with a bomb. Pretty simple.

7. NorrisAlan

I will vehemently disagree with this logic, as it can lead down a dangerous and dark rabbit hole.

8. Savage Orange

Again, if you want to avoid having cops resort to this, there's a real easy way.... Don't shoot them.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Layered snipers triangulating a position is pretty much a war zone.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He made it into a war zone.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm typically in this camp, but when is the day coming that all of the gun owners have to use them for the reasons our forefathers envisioned?

12. Savage Orange

Sooner rather than later, I'd say... But the majority of Constitution-Lovin', gun-totin' blowhards who won't do jack shit but fold up when push comes to shove is pretty high, I bet.

13. fl0at_

Doesn't fly. It's an execution. It's burning down the house the criminal is in, in order to "smoke them out." It's a level of sophistication the average citizen cannot legally obtain. And it's really just a step shy of using a friggen drone on US citizens.

That isn't law enforcement.

If you are able to creep a bomb in on a robot and remote detonate it without the suspect knowing, or being able to escape--you probably could wait him out.

14. Savage Orange

All these MF'ers going around shouting
    "What do we want?
    Dead cops!!!
    "When do we want 'em?"
    NOW!!

Better watch their backs.... As long as I'm laying bets, I also bet the tolerance for idiocy like that is now pretty much non existent any more.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

At some point, law enforcement becomes protection of citizens and self preservation, no?

16. Savage Orange

Let's talk more when cops start doing this without any provocation. As it sits, 5 Dallas cops are dead and several more are injured. The police are justified in using any means at their disposal to stop situations like this from continuing or escalating.

17. fl0at_

Clearly they didn't nuke the parking garage he was in. They probably didn't load up a 500 lber, either. We're talking a small, packaged, IED like explosive, on a small, typically tracked robot, with a limited extending arm.

So most likely, dude is holed up in stair well, or somewhere with a lot of corners around him. And no hostages. That sounds like a cornered person to me. That doesn't sound like someone who is an immediate danger to others.

Maybe he was randomly popping off rounds, and there was a fear that some random person would be hit by a stray round, thus necessitating the need to put him down quickly, and safely for everyone else.

It's still a tactic on wobbly footing, and should be examined, not simply accepted as "that's what happens when you attack the police."

18. NorrisAlan

But does this not go against presumed innocence? Are the cops allowed to be judge, jury and executioner on a person that, at that very moment, was not about to kill someone?

I understand that protect our police men, but could they not have waited him out at that point? I think we are treading a dangerous line, even in this sort of circumstance.

19. fl0at_

This is the type of sentiment that creates a special class of citizen, and calls them law enforcement. This is the type of sentiment that creates a police state, in the first place. So, if we get to that point, blame yourself for it, because the time for talking about it will have already passed.

20. Savage Orange

Three other shooters were taken into custody without having to use a P-238 space modulator, right? Don't make out like the police were just itching to bomb a mother****er....