2014 Ballot Initiatives

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Nov 3, 2014.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have preferred the CNN coverage. Anderson Cooper has done a good job and the Map showing the counties and percentage of votes not counted has been helpful.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If you think Carters legacy is fine then I guess Obamas will be is fine too; comparatively speaking.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Looks to me like a 54-46 Republican majority in the Senate. Landreau will lose the runoff, Alaska will flip to Republican and Virginia will go to Warner.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think that is a safe bet.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Obama sure is a smart guy, inventing executive orders.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's still filibuster time. 51 out of 100 is not a majority according to US Senate math. Remember?

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He is quacking. Nothing will get done, again, for two years. Dem's will filibuster every bill put up to the floor, things that do get to the floor will pass on party lines, Obama will veto with broad strokes.

Wake me when the politicians actually want to work together again instead of butting heads like rams during mating season.

8. JayVols

That and the Rs will go batshit pushing radical stuff that satiates the base and tends to alienate independents costing them in the next election. Dems are guilty of this, too, only they are a bunch of ******* and will water down their stuff. I might not agree, but I admire, to a degree, the Rs willingness to pretty much own their batshit.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Pretty much.

Its worth a comparison, just picked the wrong one.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So no Executive Order coming on Immigration

11. JayVols

You're getting ready to see a metric shit ton of 'em.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

By Jan.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

8 >>>>>> 5

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Obama's legacy won't be told till he's out of office. He's pushed back the ACA things that will make or break his legacy.

15. Unimane

"At least" 5, which, by my estimation, means a minimum of 5, often more. It means that this happens to every 2 term president at some point, including Reagan, whose Republicans lost 8 seats in 1986.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

nobody cares about demonstrable leadership, as evidenced by our last few presidential elections.

Telegenics, theatre and polling are the whole thing.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Doesn't look like she is good at those things either.

19. Unimane

So, just to update the original discussion on initiatives, here are some of the results.

1. TN abortion bill passes, still not sure how it will stand up in court.

2. Weed legal in Oregon, Washington DC and Alaska, but not Florida.

3. Prop 47 approved in California.

4. Minimum wage raised in Arkansas, Alaska, Nebraska, Illinois and South Dakota.

5. Oregon primary ballot initiative fails, unfortunately. I was curious about that possibility.

Also,

- Personhood amendment fails for the third time in Colorado.

- Washington passes a strong gun control law.

- Colorado also says collective bargaining negotiations with teacher unions must be done in a public forum.

- Maui bans GMO foods, temporarily. Colorado rejects requiring GMO foods to be labeled, Oregon vote on the same thing is yet TBD.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The GMO thing is pure hysteria. Label it fine, but banning it is just dumb.