2014 Ballot Initiatives

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Nov 3, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you can get out of student loans if you can show that you would go through undue hardship by having to pay them off. I have no idea how many of those get awarded by judges. The theory behind not letting you do this is the preferential rate and payment structure of student loans (don't have to pay for 4 years, some have no interest for 4 years, etc).

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's a bit of a different situation when the taxpayers become your guarantee. you aren't allowed to declare bankruptcy to screw the irs either.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sounds like a wild time. I'm just wired to hate debt.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I accumulated some credit card debt in college. was a [itch bay] to pay off. never again. I'm all for debt where I can deduct the interest and the rate is low.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh, I'm totally against debt and had none after my undergrad. It exploded quickly and got out of hand fast for a time. Sucks that I will have to deal with it for the next 25 or so years.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

personally I just assumed I could pay it off later. turns out I was right EVENTUALLY, but it cost me a shitload more than the enjoyment I got out of the money at the time. young and dumb.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Exactly. Had I known then what I know now, I'm off the hook for, at least, half of it.