All Things Kenlucky / Dooley Sucks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Nov 26, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pros and cons

Let's take a look at what Dooley has done here:

He let a win go in Baton Rouge, got embarrassed by all the premiere SEC teams and got screwed in the MCB.

Year 2: The OL took a huge step back, got beat by the only 2 east teams with a pulse, watched the kicking game go from shaky to terrible and saw Tennessee eek out one SEC win.

Please tell me why he should get a 3rd year?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just remember who one of hammy's biggest proponents was back in 2003.

3. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Today firmly proved the inevitability......no question about it. That...and I actually wanted to see Dooley do well.

4. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Never liked the hire but was willing to give him a chance; after today I'm done with him.

5. CardinalVol

The only possible reason I can remotely, and I mean remotely sign on to, is the 4 coaches in 6 years reason. That's it. And I dont put much into it either.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Ron Zook thinks this guy deserves to get fired. Dooley is way out of his league right now.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I maybe slow, but i ain't stuped.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I got nothing.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The day UK is physically imposing their will on Tennessee, something is broken.

10. CardinalVol

That's the thing. I wanted him to do well too. Its just painfully obvious he's not the guy.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

At this point, how can you be set back, after losing to Kentucky? It is the bottom of the bottom, no better time than to change directions now.

12. BeachVol

BeachVol New Member

After watching the team quit on him today, I see no reason he should ever coach another game for UT

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not what Barbara Dooley said. Just saying...

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

and [uck fay] Mike Hamilton fan too.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

A lot of the uncertainty had to do with the schedule, IMO. Every team that had beaten Dooley, even Florida early in the season and South Carolina sans backfield, put more and better athletes on the field than Tennessee could, something that was beyond Dooley's control. Every team he beat put less and worse athletes on the field. So he won every game he should have and lost every game he should have, and I think things like close first halves and quarterback injuries caused people to ignore the margins and lack of competitiveness in those losses.

That all changed today. Dooley and Co. got beat by a vastly inferior team with worse players at just about every position.

16. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Because he is relentless in pursuit of continuous improvement.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

A 4th coach in 6 years is better than the 3rd coach in his 3rd year, imo.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I waffled. Hated it, then was waiting to see. Now I'm firmly ready to see him shitcanned immediately.

19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I don't see a single problem with anything Lex said either. He is right and the sooner our administration gets a clue, the better. Dooley is like Kiffin in a way, he got into the game due to his name and his daddy, the only glaring difference between the two is that Kiffin can actually coach and win.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Todd Kelly just said that Dooley has said that when an 18-19 year old constantly hears that they are a bad football team, they will believe it. Todd really emphasized that the coaches need to put some positive in there.

Dooley is an excuse machine. That's the sign of an immature loser. Man up, accept your responsibility, and do something about it.

Dooley has been more interested in making excuses trying to insulate himself from any culpability with this disaster. This save my own ass approach has had the opposite effect on me. I'm beginning to believe he may be as delusional as his momma.