Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Of course it will happen, but it will never reach the scope of the Avengers without Bale.

The massive drop offs we are seeing with Superman will have to The Justice League. People will quickly see through the nostalgia like they have seen through Snyder.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Whew, you're giving the general movie going public a lot more credit than I do.

Personally, I think a JLA movie can work without Bale, but I'd prefer to see another director. I've not been overly impressed with anything Snyder had done, and 300 is not watchable for me.

People get caught up with the heroes, but it's the villains who make superhero comics great. I'd prefer Bale return. The movie will clearly suffer I'd he doesn't, but it could still work.

As far as super hero team movies go, I am eagerly expecting the X-Men: Days of Future Past movie that's upcoming next year.

3. OrangeEmpire

For the sake of asking, what credit am I giving to the public?

Lex Luthor was teased in Man of Steel and would be a great transition in to The Justice League. I agree completely that a villain makes the hero. It was Brosnan's achilles heel when he played Bond.

I hate 300 as well.

I love Xmen First Class and Fassbenders Magneto needs a huge push. I am skeptical of Days of Future Past because of information overload.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I just don't think moviegoers can see though much of anything. That's all.

My happiest moment of the last several minutes of Man of Steel might have been seeing the Lexcorp logo. Just thinking about whether that is really a true statement is sad. I am very interested in seeing who is cast in the role.

I have the same fear for Days of Future Past, but I admire them for being ambitious. It's a perfect time to do the movie if one's ever to be done. Usually that kind of story is reserved for animation.

5. OrangeEmpire

To me, I do not see why you do not bring Spacey back as Luthor.

I have read several articles that Snyder said no one from Superman Returns will be in the reboot series.

Huge mistake in my opinion.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I didn't care for Superman Returns, so I'm not overly disappointed in the lack of inclusion. It was a great looking movie visually, but it was hard to follow and a bit too silly in parts for me. I'd like a darker Lex than I remember Spacey being.

7. OrangeEmpire

Other than the airplane and real estate ending sequence, that movie is unwatchable.

Spacey was a bright spot though and I have no doubt he can bring the pompous and evil if given the opportunity.

Who do you want in the role?

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There's some decent special effects shots as well, but overall it was a bad movie. Spacey did some moments, but it was almost like the director said, "Hey! Let's make this more camp."

I thought about who I'd like to see almost as soon as I made my last post, and I'm not coming up with anybody.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Saw today where Spielberg was looking to do a new adaptation of The Grapes of Wrath.

10. OrangeEmpire

That would be awesome, Gatsby was a huge letdown for me.

I am such a huge fan of the books I find it hard to enjoy the movies.

This really hit hard with The Two Towers and Return of the King.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I look forward to it if it happens. According to the article, Spielberg is unlikely to direct due to other commitments and the fact that it's been speculated that he and DreamWorks want to get the movie done in time for the 75th anniversary of the release of the novel which would mean next year. After reading that, I am a little fearful of it being a rush job. I am a fan of both the book and to a slightly lesser extent, the original movie. After watching the original on TCM a few weeks ago, I commented to my wife that it's surprising no one has made another version.

I am the same way with books I like and still complain about LOTR trilogy. I understand there are time constraints, budgetary concerns, etc, but I would have liked to have seen the whole story on the screen. I reconcile by understanding that what we got is probably the best we are going to get for at least a generation. Take away the books, and it is fantastic.

12. OrangeEmpire

I am such a dork

http://www.mania.com/shockorama-from-jock-to-jaegar_article_137941.html

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

anchorman was great, but there is no way this sequel wont be terrible.

14. OrangeEmpire

It is like supertroopers, any thing in development this long is bound to fail.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

also, what is the last good comedy sequel? fletch lives? i'm at a loss.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Wayne's World 2.

Christmas Vacation if you want to count that as a sequel.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

european vacation was good too. wayne's world 2 was not.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

European Vacation was terrible. You just shot your credibility in the face.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Most likely

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

fletch lives isn't terrible? I didn't realized i had credibility.