Dreams....

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by wildnkrazykat, Jan 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

After reading the OT dreams post in the theater shooting thread, I thought I'd start a thread dedicated to our dreams, whether they be new, recurring, or otherwise. I'm sure this will be an epic fail but wgaf. I'll go first...

My recurring dream, since childhood, is that I'm on a ship and captn hook is chasing me. I shake him and stop at a payphone bank, scared to death, then hear his boots clomping down the hall. I take off sprinting and make it around a corner where I'm faced with the side of the ship, with a sandbox in between me and the side. I take off running and trip over the edge of the sandbox. I hear him approaching and taunting me and before he turns the corner I slide up under the ledge built around the side if the sandbox for people to sit on. I hear his steps getting closer n try not to breathe as he steps into the sandbox and walks thru it to the edge of the ship. Then I wake up

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That means you need more meat in your life.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am very lucky. I rarely have reoccurring dreams, and they are usually not very chaotic in nature. Usually they are narratives and I am watching a movie.

Last one I had I was in the middle of a cop movie, where the cops were working in Las Vegas fighting the Mexican Drug cartels, but they lived in Reno to protect their identities. The cops were played by George Clooney and Brad Pitt. All of their other force members were killed in a most gruesome manner and they were about to go get revenge when I woke up.

That is about par for the course for me.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've not remembered a dream in a long time. My wife says that I go through spells where I have night terrors. It sucks to get awakened during one of those.

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Well, I will add one to the list.

1.) I have a dream about the balcony of my parents church. No one actually used it and I was the only occupant for about 7 years of my life, running the sound system. The dreams either revolve around running the sound system or I get an evil vibe like Prince of Darkness Satan coming out of the building on the tv telecast.

2.) I get dispatched to a disabled vehicle in the roadway. It is night and when I arrive I get out and start my approach and I hear someone say, he's alone.

3.) The blonde one divorces me. This one is odd, I have dreams before kids, present aged kids and when we are old and my grand kids are taken from me.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I dreamt of getting busy with a coworker I couldn't stand once. That one sticks out because I never dream of sex.

7. OrangeEmpire

I dream a lot about movies.

I end being a character from the movie, sometimes it ends up well and other times I have a red shirt on.

For an example, I wake up tied to some sort of bed. I look around and there are rows and rows of people tied down to beds. People are screaming, pleading and begging for their lives. The background is rock with a red tint and glow. Then some sort of demon figure, NeverEnding Story ish, is on top of what looks like a cathedral and he gives the command to feed. Vampires or something appeared and started feeding on the people. A vampire got to me and I opened my right hand. Well, you guessed it, mjolnir shows up in my hand. Lightning from the hammer kills the vampires. I break free and then the super lightning/thunder ground pound destroy the rock face and the demon never ending story guys yells something and I wake up.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I seldom ever remember them. I'll know I had been, and it just stays out of the reach of my knowledge as to what it was.

9. OrangeEmpire

Pretty wild how every one is different. I can remember a lot of my dreams.

10. wildnkrazykat

Sometimes mine are like that Jcq. But I've always pretty much remembered mine. When I was little I'd sit in the kitchen floor n tell my mom what I dreamed the night before while she fixed breakfast.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't.

Odd fact: I've never had sex in a dream. Get to the point where I'm about to poke it in, boom, I wake up. Every time. It's a curse.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Always when I'm sick or running a temp I dream of clowns dancing around me in the middle of the woods. Around a campfire. I have only two fears in life. Going blind and clowns. I always wake up as they get right up on me. They are always chanting something, but I've never made it out.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Also have a recurring dream where I'm in bed and feel like there's an ominous presence approaching me. Can't see it, don't know what it is, but it's approaching me and I can't move. Paralyzed and can't open my mouth, so I'm just screaming with my mouth closed but no one can hear me. But just before it reaches me, I wake up.

14. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

A blue eyed man standing in the shadows off the back path from my barn to my house watching my every move, but never coming out of the edge of the woods. This one happens about once a month from the time I was 16

15. OrangeEmpire

Pitch fork his bucket!

16. wildnkrazykat

I dreamed about my pap the other night. Idk what it was about, just he was there and happy. It makes me sad to even think about it. It was the first time I had seen him since he passed.

17. farmersdaughter

What's strange about this one is I'm doing different chores I'm the dreams but he's always in the same place just standing and watching. Not scary but eerie

18. wildnkrazykat

Have you had it since you got married

19. farmersdaughter

Yep, bout once a month or so. It doesn't scare me, just an oddity of my mind I guess

20. wildnkrazykat

Probably so. Deciphering a conscious woman's mind is hard enough. Unconscious should be forbidden