Dreams....

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by wildnkrazykat, Jan 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Had two when I was a kid and have one recurring theme as an adult.

Kid #1 - I was sitting in my dad's Datsun at my granny's house and kick it in neutral and end of having to drive it on the road and the steering wheel locks before I get to the same curve every time. At that point I'd wake up,

Kid #2 - We would be in my kid's SS classroom at church, one kid would be messing with this spider web in the corner, and suddenly the spider would grow huge and come after us. The dream ends with us running out the door and my dad and another guy at church running in, and the other guy always has an ax.

Adult theme - I'm in college and I always forget I am registered in a class until the day of the final and then freak out. It's always Chemistry (probably because I skipped it so much in college).

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I almost have as much education / training and experience in (clinical) dream interpretation, as NYY has in making a closet a permanent home.

Just being both truthful and transparent, but will keep all opinions to myself.

Some of you have already said a great deal.

Take it as you will.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

A woman's mind is no more complicated than that of a male.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agree with Tenny on both posts.

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

NYY has been at it for quite a while then!

6. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I have one that keeps coming back where I can fly, I just take off and fly around, no plane. And another where I find an endless amount of coins on the ground.

7. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Mario!

8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

This place hops when you keep it real.

Might as well have at it

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Well, talk about a letdown.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I have never understood Coulrophobia. Clowns are happy things.

11. JayVols

I dream about my dad a lot.

12. JayVols

I have a "W" on my transcript because I forgot to drop an unnecessary PE class. That's probably where my dream of unfinished college work comes from.

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I too have had the college dream a few times.

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Take melatonin for a few days before you go to bed. Report back.

15. kidbourbon

I don't have recurring dreams, but I have dreams of a similar type.

Two examples:
    1) I have dreams where the dream is simply me reading a book. And not me looking at myself as a third party observer watching me read a book, but rather the dream is actually the equivalent experience of me reading a book. There is text in front of me, and I'm reading it. Now this dream requires my subconscious brain to create coherent sentences on the fly, which seems weird. In other words, if I could do consciously what I'm doing subconsciously, I could churn out novels faster than Stephen King.
    2) I have dreams where I'm stuck in the middle of a problem. The problem will change depending on real life factors. My first year taking electrical engineering courses, I would have dreams where the entire extent of the dream was me working through some circuit to determine voltage or current or the like. When I was studying for the bar exam, I would have dreams where I was stuck in a hypothetical, trying to apply the law. What's weird about these dreams is that I never get anywhere. I always get stuck on something and can never actually solve the problem that I'm stuck in.

16. kidbourbon

And I haven't remembered dreams in some time. I may get back on the melatonin for a little while just for kicks and giggles.

17. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

So an electrical engineer and a lawyer? Which is ur career?

18. kidbourbon

Lawyer.

My best buddy in my major was so much better me at writing computer code -- I actually had better grades than him because I studied harder, but when it came down to actually doing the stuff (labs and such), he was on another level -- that it convinced me that certain minds were created to do engineering, and that mine wasn't one of them. Case in point: he was my partner for our senior design project. We built this robot that could navigate through a house and identify a room in the house that was on fire (i.e. identify an object in the room that they'd painted red) and extinguish the fire (put a cup over the object). So we worked on this thing endlessly throughout the entire semester. crazy crazy hours. He designed the robot itself, and I was writing the code for everything.

We chose this project because it was the subject of an IEEE competition in Jamaica that semester. So UT flew us out to Jamaica for this IEEE competition between like 20-30 other schools. We were still finishing this thing up in the hotel, working constantly (no sleep) from when we got there until when the competition started. At one point he asked how my code was coming, and I told him I still had several functions to write, how long it might take me. And this guy -- having not written any of the code for the microcontroller that controlled all aspects of this robot -- basically grabs the laptop from me and for an hour or so just starts writing code like I could write prose. Granted, he utilized myriad functions I'd already written, and so it wasn't like he was doing everything from scratch, but what he did in an hour would have taken me five hours at least. He just had it.

Coupling the above anecdote with the fact that I wrote every paper for him that he had to write that semester -- none of which were from classes I was in -- and did them all relatively quickly and got him better marks on his papers than he could have gotten himself no matter how much time he devoted to writing them, I decided that, while my grades were good, I wasn't meant to be an engineer.

19. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

I hate dreams that end before they are over

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I practically flunked out of electrical engineering