I am falling off the Charlie Strong wagon

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Nov 24, 2012.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

There are only two names out there that approach Saban.

2. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I think Strong is happy or he's a Hog/CAT!

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Jon Gruden
    Jim Harbaugh
    Pete Carroll
    Bill Bellichek

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He hasnt gotten worse because he wasnt that great to begin with. For as much shit as James Franklin takes on this board, his 2 year body of work is more impressive than Strong's. That is, if you can even measure anyones success against a coach who inherited a shit team AT VANDY and is on his way to a 9 win season..... AT VANDY.

5. chavisut

How did i know you'd start slobbin Franklin's knob.

6. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

Can't argue with that. He has done an awesome job this year. How does Vandy's facilities and resources compare to Louisville?

7. chavisut

I meant two that could someway be our next coach.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

How did you know that id support a winner? Because im not retarded and dont let my opinion of a person affect my opinion of them as a coach.

Strong on the other hand is nothing more than the black version of Skip Holtz.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Papa Johns has helped Louisville a lot and they no longer play in that godawful stadium named after Johnny Unitas.

10. chavisut

Funny how my personal opinion of Saban, Bellicheck, and Cal don't get in the way of my opinion regarding their coaching.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I disagree.

I think Franklin has done a good job at Vandy. He has them above the dredges of the conference, and that's something at Vandy. I don't like him, and I don't think he should be a serious candidate for a school that is serious about football. I wasn't impressed with his pedigree as a coordinator, and I don't know that what has worked for him at Vandy is a recipe for winning conferences.

I think Strong's work in getting the dumpster fire that was UofL on the doorstep of the BCS in years 2 and again in 3 makes him a better candidate. I am more impressed with his experience as DC for good programs, and I think his personality and reputation help validate that. He's a guy I can see stepping to the next level. I have a much harder time seeing that with Franklin.

12. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

Who do you think had the advantage in facilities and resources? Vandy or Lousville?

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Youve yet to say anything of substance about the point i made. Address them or shut the **** up. Your wheel spinning is hardly an argument.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Probably UofL in facilities, but both have upgraded since I have really seen them.

In resources, I think it is a pretty sure bet that Louisville is willing to put more of them into football than Vandy.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Fair enough. And i agree that Franklin's past doesnt do him any favors. I mean, how the hell does he dance around the fact that he worked under Ron Prince?!?

16. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

I think Huff is saying Franklin did more with less. I had never heard of Franklin before he came to Vandy. I just wonder what he could do with resources that UT could offer. I hope I never find out, because Gruden or Stoops is my entire list.

17. chavisut

You're so easy to get riled up. It's almost not even fun, almost.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That is what im saying. Franklin had no roots in any area to pull guys out of like Strong did. Instead of bringing in better players and trimming the fat, Franklin pulled a Bill Snyder with only 1 JUCO player, that being the Phil Petty carbon copy in Rodgers. The psychology and good football sense it takes to do that is extremely rare.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Translation: i wish this thread would disappear because I'm in over my head.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

What is Franklin's biggest win? Ole Miss? Northwestern? Anyone is going to look good when you follow up Robbie Caldwell.