I am falling off the Charlie Strong wagon

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Nov 24, 2012.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I've already mentioned how Strong has UL in position for a ten win season and a conference title.

FWIW, I think Franklin has done a good job at Vandy.

2. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

I thought it was Auburn at the time, but we saw how that turned out.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Franklin was lucky to draw Ole Miss and Auburn this year as their west opponents and to get UT at home during an all time low point in the program. He could easily be at 4-5 wins right now instead of 8 (assuming they beat Wake.)

4. chavisut

Says the man that is crowning James Franklin. He's 13-11 and has beaten nobody, yet he's better than Strong who has a coordinator resume that puts Franklin's pitiful time at Maryland to shame, a better winning percentage, and a shot at a conference title.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He's 13-11 with a team that was somewhere in the ballpark of 4-27 the previous 3 seasons.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Every team they've beaten in the last 2 years is better than they are.

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Really, UMass, Presbyterian, Missouri, Kentucky, sadly UT, Ole Miss, Auburn this year and I think Vandy is better than all of those at the time they played.

Last year they knocked off Elon, Army, Wake, Kentucky,UConn and Ole Miss.

I think UT has more talent but Dooley made them much worse so I don't see one win that Vandy should have lost except maybe to Ole Miss this year.

I was wrong about Northwestern, they lost that one.

8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

FWIW, James Franklin had nothing to do with bringing in Rodgers.

9. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Not even close to being true.

10. toltmvol

toltmvol New Member

If Franklin was to be hired I will not pull for Tennessee until his departure.I will never forget how he acted after the loss here last year.

11. chavisut

So much for substance.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Every DI school and nonmilitary academies that they have beaten were better than they were.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

So you think they were somehow superior than the DI teams they beat regardless of the shit classes they brought in and the year of banging their head against a wall with Caldwell.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If Brian Kimbrow can get through Vandy than it has obviously become easier to get athletes through Vandy than UT. They can sell the fact that a scholarship to Vandy is worth more than any other school in the SEC and they're not in a cow town (even as much as Hat hates Nashville) Honestly, Vandy should be an easy sell to recruits plus he can still work the "early playing time" angle.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Except for, you know, Kentucky, Missouri, Wake Forest, and Auburn.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'll give Huff this: he's got a better argument with this than with his Bray Is Jealous of Patterson crap.

17. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I was glad to see them take down the Blue Hose dynasty. Presbyterian had that one coming. Smug bastards.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Worth quoting one more time, just to emphasize the fallacy and flagrant stupidity of the comment.

19. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Or, they beat the teams that were closer to their level. The teams they have beaten in the SEC, have one more combined win in the conference, than Vandy does total. Vandy is terrible, and have beaten terrible teams, which includes our beloved Vols.

20. WM

WM Active Member

Strong wouldn't be a home run hire but that wouldn't mean he isn't a good hire. There's only about three names out there that would immediately unite this fractured fanbase.