I propose an alliance

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Levity, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Levity

Levity New Member

Feel free to tell me what competitive advantage that damn cheater Pearl gained by having a cookout.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

or, as is likely to happen, most are going to feel free not to respond any more to the provocation.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't hate him because he cheated. I don't hate him it all. His time here was fun because I was up there and got to watch the team go from Buzz ball to the elite 8.

I hate the dumbasses that put him a pedestal like he's the only coach to have a winning season as a UT basketball coach.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't hate him because he cheated. I don't hate him it all. His time here was fun because I was up there and got to watch the team go from Buzz ball to the elite 8.

I hate the dumbasses that put him a pedestal like he's the only coach to have a winning season as a UT basketball coach.

5. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Did we all jump into the delorean and nobody told me? I swear it suddenly feels like 2011.

6. Levity

Levity New Member

Pearl: "Hey Aaron, here's a hamburger. Ketchup or mustard?"

Bigpapavol: "Stop cheating, bro."

7. Levity

Levity New Member

Hey man, good one!

8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

As one who may give the "old coot" image to the 8th, I say I'll match my life with any of the kids anywhere.

Not to beat what should be the proverbial dead nag, why dredge up Pearl's activities? Just as hat says, it is old news. I've discussed with hat about Pearl, and his feelings are well founded.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

10. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

To be clear, nobody cares about you, FL98 and especially your crappy podcast.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

nailed me, to a T. Well done.

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

13. JayVols

Teach me how to imbed video on mobile, sensei.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I wonder what that says about John Calipari, who has gone through two lengthy NCAA investigations and been specifically exonerated of any wrongdoing in both? He should be nominated for a Nobel Prize in Ethics.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The act of grilling meats with invited guests, in and of itself, was definitely not cheating.

Bringing a recruit to your home, was. As was lying about it. And trying to convince others to aide in those efforts, was too.

In fact, both Pearl and the Crafts told the 'AA that Pearl told them as much, both when he extended the invite and later again, after they arrived. That is, Pearl told them that it violated 'AA bylaws, not only on the day of the event, but later, when he realized the the noose was tightening and he called the Crafts directly, to again "remind" them of this fact, again. And by, "remind" I mean "coerce". Or, "tamper", if you prefer, as he knew the investigation was underway.

Or, if you prefer the exact wording from the official 'AA report:
    Or, this:
    Link: University of Tennesee Public Infractions Report - NCAA.com

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Actually, no, they weren't clean "recruiting wise".

From the 'AA report:
    Now, are 94 impermissible calls akin to some heinous act? No, of course not. Do lots of schools get hit with similar things, such as this? Sure, some do, but not all.

Does that mean that Pearl's program was otherwise, "clean" outside of the lies he told / attempted to cover up? No.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Remind me to lay low in the politics threads. Tenny D is bringing the fire today.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I just do it the same way I do it on a computer. Wrap the video ID in the [youtube*]taqLEjCVTdo[*/youtube] tags (Without the *)

19. JayVols

Will try.

What's that taqLEjCVTdo?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

That would be whatever your link is there. So you don't actually type it.